Stock Quotes

John R Sawyers

03 Aug, 2018 12:21 PM

I am again having problems updating stock prices. Out of 65 stocks only 27 update with 38 returning with an error message. This started about one week ago. Deleting and reinstalling the extension had no effect.

1. 1 Posted by PC2MAC on 03 Aug, 2018 12:33 PM

Same here. I posted earlier on another thread. I've seen other threads recently with same problem.

2. 2 Posted by Bill on 11 Aug, 2018 04:00 PM

Same here.

3. 3 Posted by Mike V. on 11 Aug, 2018 05:17 PM

Me too!

4. 4 Posted by sth on 11 Aug, 2018 09:51 PM

AV changed their download policies once again and it ends up breaking the extension. Now you can only download 4 securities before a long wait. So the 5th one fails and it continues to fail for about a minute. AV has limited coverage, and bad values that change from the daily downloads to the closing (change pence to pounds, ignore splits etc.) and keeps changing the free download parameters to get you to pay exorbitant prices.

The hleofxquotes java program works fairly well, but does not download history, high/low/volume numbers. And they will also be working with changing blocks once Yahoo finds them and starts to block them which is their stated policy.

Anyone got a source for good, free quotes?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac