Can't get column width to stay even after memorizing

BWCHAPIN

02 Aug, 2018 08:55 PM

I need a way to set the column width for ledgers and reports so that they stay that way each time I open that view. The columns keep collapsing into unreadable widths that require me to re-adjust them to see all the data. Please help.

1. 1 Posted by mhoggie on 03 Aug, 2018 12:53 AM

I had the same issue. I deleted the old memorized report, created and memorized a new on with the columns set correctly. Now the memorized report seems to keep the column size. At least worked for me.

2. 2 Posted by -Kevin N. on 03 Aug, 2018 01:19 AM

There was a bug introduced somewhere along the line with regards to reports remembering their column settings.

The workaround for Memorized reports:
    Open the Memorized report from the left side bar.
    Set the report's column widths the way you want them.
    Click Edit > OK (To open and close the parameters window without making any changes)
    Click Memorize > Update.

For non-memorized reports:
    Set the report's column widths the way you want them.
    Then, click Edit > OK (To open and close the parameters window without making any changes)

Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

3. 3 Posted by BW Chapin on 08 Aug, 2018 12:40 AM

Thanks for the suggestion. It does seem to fix the problem with reports. The larger issue is actually now with setting and saving column widths in other ledgers since they do not offer “memorize” options. I have addressed this separately to the software engineers for their future revisions.

Thanks again for offering up aid and a fix so quickly.

BWCHAPIN

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 08 Aug, 2018 01:47 AM

Hi BW Chapin,

By the somewhat cryptic looks of it, Moneydance's configuration file (config.dict) looks to hold the column width settings for a number of registers.

Check to make sure that the .moneydance folder that houses config.dict has the required full write permissions. Without these permissions, the settings that you apply to the register may not get saved to the config.dict file.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac