Security Prices Moneydance 2017.8 (1688)

Joe LG

16 Jul, 2018 07:02 PM

I was successfully running with MD 2014.5 (986) until the recent Wells Fargo certificate issue. The solution provided was to upgrade to MD 2017.8(1688) which I reluctantly did as it was the only solution offered. I upgraded with the following problems/results:

1) The Wells Fargo certificate issue was resolved.
2) On line accounts downloaded successfully.
3) On line bill pay completed transactions downloaded successfully, however all payee data was lost. Tried refresh with no success. This is a pain but I assume I will be able to create new payees with some effort.
4) I checked stock data and it appeared to be ok. However, after saving the file and reopening; all security price history was lost for all securities. The transactions for all accounts were there but the history data was lost. This included some stocks that I did not own but was tracking. I tried rebuilding the price track for a couple of securities I have owned for years and was able to get price history loaded. However, after saving the file and reopening; the history track was missing. This a major issue for me.
5) As a point of reference; the file size of the original MD 2014 file was over 200MB. The new file is 60MB; this is unexpected based on discussions I have seen.
6) MAC laptop running High Sierra 10.13.6

I am reluctant to proceed as I have a lot of history but even any work to correct appears to disappear. Could use some help!

1. 1 Posted by sth on 17 Jul, 2018 01:51 AM

As a suggestion, go back to your original data file and using a demo mode download update the file to Moneydance 2015. Then make a backup of that one and then update it to MD 2017. This has corrected some issues of skipping too many versions during an update.

The other is to export your file in MD 2014 and import it in 2017. This may also lose some data but should keep all the stock prices.

2. 2 Posted by Joe LG on 17 Jul, 2018 09:58 PM

sth, thanks for the advice. I was able to get things working based on your first suggestion. I have some file location issues to clean up, but I am back and running. I am surprised that the size of the file is about half the size of the MD 2014 file?
    Thanks again!

3. 3 Posted by sth on 19 Jul, 2018 12:50 AM

I am surprised as well. Usually the newer file is bloated with a lot of internal transaction files. But if the data is good and the quotes are there then you are probably good to go. Trust but verify.

4. System closed this discussion on 18 Oct, 2018 01:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac