Bank Downloads Suddenly Stopped

Mike Carron

14 Jul, 2018 03:23 PM

After several years of problem free online banking using MoneyDance, it suddenly quit downloading bank data. If I choose to download a single account I get an error message saying "A communicatioin or parsing error occurred. Error Description: javax.net.ssl.SSLHandshakeException:sun.security.validator.ValidatorException: No trusted certificated found", if I choose to download all accounts, the same error message repeats for each account.

I brought it up with Wels Fargo but they said the problem was not theirs and that I should contact MoneyDance.

Can you help?
mike

1. 1 Posted by regus_patoff on 14 Jul, 2018 03:37 PM

Actually, it is Wells Fargo's problem; however, upgrading to ver. 2017.7.1 takes care of the problem.

2. 2 Posted by Mike Carron on 15 Jul, 2018 02:05 AM

I upgraded to ver. 2017.7.1 (1671) with no effect. I still cannot
    download any of my account information. Same error message as before.

mike

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 15 Jul, 2018 02:55 AM

The fix is reported to be in a post 2017.7.1 build, these are called preview releases. The latest preview releases are at:

http://infinitekind.com/preview

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ian O on 15 Jul, 2018 10:15 AM

Hi Mike,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have all encountered while using Moneydance. The cause for what you're seeing is your bank have retired one of their older certificates which has broken the connection in Moneydance.

As dwg has highlighted, the latest preview version of Moneydance 2017 contains the certificates that will allow you to connect. Take a manual backup of your data file via File --> Export Backup, then download the preview version of Moneydance from here.

Before upgrading, I'd recommend checking if your license key is valid for use with Moneydance 2017. You can do this by entering your license key in the 'Upgrading?' box on this page.

You should be able to locate your license key within Moneydance by navigating to Help --> About Moneydance (Moneydance --> About Moneydance on Mac).

If you don't see a license key displayed, you may have purchased from Apple. Those who purchase from Apple will need to wait for the next stable version of Moneydance to be pushed to the Apple AppStore.

If you would prefer to wait for the improvements included in the preview version to reach stable release, please let me know and I'll make sure you're notified.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by fabravo on 17 Jul, 2018 11:13 PM

Ian-
    Is there a timetable when the preview version will become a stable release?

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 17 Jul, 2018 11:19 PM

I'm a fellow user.

There is never a timetable for a preview release becoming a stable release, it really depends on future events. For example there may be other problems being worked on that results in further preview releases being made available. At some point in time we can say that a preview release will be made into a stable release but the build that will be used I do not think anyone could say.

7. 7 Posted by vhradice on 19 Jul, 2018 01:22 PM

I received the same error message. I downloaded the latest version and installed it. I am still getting the same error message. Do I need to reset my connection with Wells Fargo? My version is 2017.7.1 (1671)

8. 8 Posted by vhradice on 19 Jul, 2018 01:32 PM

I downloaded the prerelease version (2017,8 (1688)) and that fixed the problem. In the future it would be helpful to list the version and build which fixes the problem.

9. 9 Posted by sth on 20 Jul, 2018 02:11 AM

To be honest, this is what the "Change Log" does.
    http://infinitekind.com/previewdl/current/changelog.txt

If you have a specific issue, this will let you know when it is addressed. Yes, it is a pain to check the file, but it turns out all software is not perfect. I think the fix is somewhere shortly after version 1671.

10. System closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2018 02:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac