Moneydance freezes when I try to Print

Christine Sirois

14 Jul, 2018 12:30 AM

Hi,

I finally got around to using Moneydance 2017, after the color issue got fixed. I was using Moneydance 2014 until recently.
I got it all configured the way I like and started using it. I was happy with it until I tried to print a check. Every time I hit Print or Calibrate Printer, Moneydance freezes and I have to force quit it. The same thing happens in the Preferences under the Check Printing tab, when I click on Print Test Page.
I am using Mac OS 10.12 and cannot switch to 10.13 because of many other apps that I need to use in 10.12 and for personal reasons. I also cannot save a check as a pdf and print the pdf, like I can with a report.
Please provide a fix for this issue. Being able to print checks is one of the main reasons I got this software. I need this to work. Please help.
Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jul, 2018 07:43 AM

I am not support staff just a user.

I am not a Mac user but its clear reading this site that Apply introduced a bug in 10.12 which Moneydance tried hard to develop a work around for. As the bug is in 10.12 it was not really possible to fix the issue. In most cases a print will happen after a very long delay. Apply fixed the bug in 10.13.

2. 2 Posted by sth on 14 Jul, 2018 11:10 PM

It does not freeze, but can take a very long time to print. There were reports of up to 45 minutes. The newer version of MD reduced that to 10 to 15 min and YMMV. But this bug was introduced by Mac OS 10.12.4.

So to eliminate the problem, either downgrade your system to 10.12.3. Or upgrade to High Sierra. I can think of only one orphaned piece of software that stopped working in 10.13. So I would definitely test and update your other Apps.

As you point out some apps will stop working with an OS update. In this case it was the 10.12.3 -> 10.12.4 update that was broken. It seems to be an Apple issue as Derek pointed out and having been working with Apple for 20 years, I don't see them fixing what to them is a minor issue with an obsolete piece of software.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Sep, 2018 04:15 AM
23 Sep, 2018 02:47 AM
22 Sep, 2018 11:34 PM