Error java.lang.NullPointerException in import

wa1oui

08 Jul, 2018 03:55 PM

I'm running MD 2017.7.1 (1671) on macOS 10.13.5. I've exported an investment account in QIF format from one MD database, and have created a new empty MD db I would like to import it into. I've tried all combinations in the new MD file of importing into a new account, creating an empty account and importing the data into it, and every attempt ends with the error java.lang.NullPointerException.

I really don't care how it's done, but my end result is that I would like to import on investment account from MD and import it into another.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 08 Jul, 2018 07:35 PM

It looks like the QIF file is bad? Did you mess with it after exporting?

2. 2 Posted by wa1oui on 09 Jul, 2018 03:00 AM

I looked at it to see what was in the QIF file, but didn’t think I had changed anything. Re-exported it and now it doesn’t error out on import… have other problems, but I’ll work on those.

Thanks.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Sean Reilly on 14 Sep, 2018 02:24 PM

If this problem is still occurring, would it be possible to get a copy of the moneydance console/error log, or even better, the QIF file? If you send the QIF file, it'd be a good idea to upload it in a new private thread or email it to me at [email blocked].

Thanks,

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

4. 4 Posted by wa1oui on 14 Sep, 2018 02:35 PM

I’ve gotten past this in the past few months.. will ask again if necessary. Thanks

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac