Keyboard Shortcuts

Aguilberto Junior

11 Jun, 2018 01:54 PM

Dear Sirs:

1. Is there a keyboard shortcut to duplicate a transaction for faster data entry? Command + C, Command + V for example...
2. How do I make the "Tax Date" have the same value as "Date" when typing a transaction?

As a suggestion, for better visualization of the transactions, it would be possible for them to appear classified and separated by month, based on the "Date" or "Tax Date"?

Thanks in advance.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 11 Jun, 2018 02:42 PM

Hi Aguilberto Junior,

1) Duplicating a transaction requires either right-clicking (CTRL-clicking for Mac) OR using the narrow button in the upper right-hand corner of the register to evoke the context menu containing the command to 'Duplicate Transaction'.

With a transaction highlighted, SHIFT-TAB moves focus to the narrow button. SPACEBAR opens the context menu. ARROW keys highlight the context menu's items. ENTER executes the highlighted command.

2) There is a setting in Preferences on the General tab 'Separate Tax Date for Transactions'. It has been my experience that once the option is checkmarked, you must restart Moneydance for the changes to take effect.

3) A Transactions report should provide this type of separation. Memorizing the report could provide easy access to it from the sidebar.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by dwg on 11 Jun, 2018 10:05 PM

I'm a fellow user.

If you leave the Tax Date field empty when entering data I believe Moneydance assumes this date to be the same as the transaction date already entered

3. 3 Posted by -Kevin N. on 11 Jun, 2018 10:19 PM

Here's a link to a Moneydance KB article referring to keyboard shortcuts:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/archive-account-basics/archive-keyb...

4. 4 Posted by jimmplsmn on 12 Jun, 2018 04:38 PM

Attention IK support: Why is such important, current, and time-saving features such as keyboard shortcuts relegated to an "archive"? Especially when an italicized statement at the top of the page says "This is an archived document. Please refer to the more recent knowledge base articles on this page" only serves to confuse when clicking on the link brings one to nothing about keyboard shortcuts!

• Jim

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac