saving past and current financial information

Peter Warner

10 Jun, 2018 04:02 PM

I cannot seem to save the Moneydance application with current financial records (banking transactions) to an external drive or computer - I've tried both. The only copy I have access to is the one I use daily on my desktop Power Mac - that's unacceptable since I need to back up all financial information.

1. 1 Posted by Peter Warner on 10 Jun, 2018 04:05 PM

I tried to find "backups" under Moneydance-Preferences, and no such link/tab exists!

2. 2 Posted by quotient on 10 Jun, 2018 04:21 PM

I'm just a user.

File-->Preferences-->Backup allows you to specify how many backups should be kept, and to specify where the backups are stored.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 10 Jun, 2018 09:17 PM

I'm a fellow user,

You have not stated what version and build of Moneydance you are using capabilities are naturally version dependent.

4. 4 Posted by sth on 10 Jun, 2018 10:48 PM

Don't confuse the application with the data! The application does not have any financial records in it! Copying the application will not copy your data.

Don't set your backups to a network or external drive. It is very slow to save those files because of the large number of transaction files that accumulate.

Use the menu Help->Show Documents Folder and then COPY that file to another computer, drive or whatever. You will have to install THE SAME VERSION of MD on the other computer to access the data.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac