Exporting backup or file

Nich bradley

06 Jun, 2018 09:08 PM

Doing either causes the program to crash in the last few days

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 06 Jun, 2018 10:12 PM

I'm a fellow user.

When reporting a problem you are having it is necessary to provide sufficient information to help to try and isolate it. At an absolute minimum you need to provide the version of Moneydance you are using and the operating system version you are running it on.

At a wild guess you may be running a Moneydance version earlier than 2017.6 build 1643 on MacOS High Sierra, in which case the advice would be to upgrade.

2. 2 Posted by Nicholas Bradle... on 07 Jun, 2018 08:04 AM

Thanks its 2017.2 1597. I will upgrade. I reallocated the archive file under preferences and it exported a backup ok but when I tried to do it again it crashed, I will update and see if that sorts it

3. 3 Posted by Nich bradley on 07 Jun, 2018 08:43 AM

Since I updated: MD doesn't respond to keystrokes in the password box first time, when it reopens it works properly but the file when it opened showed an incorrect cleared balance and does not show recent entries. I restored last nights successful backup which showed the correct balance. I then selected the file from the document location box, closed MD and changed the name. When I reopened this re named file it showed the same wrong balance as the first. Now restoring from last nights backup again shows the wrong balance! I am totally confused

Actually I have just checked the MD build number and it does not appear to be updated it still shows 2017.2 1597

4. 4 Posted by Nich bradley on 07 Jun, 2018 09:00 AM

I have now successfully installed 2017.7.1 1671. but my last nights archive folder which was fine when I restored it this morning remains showing the wrong balance. How has this file been overwritten. Surely when you close a file that has been restored it re-writes it tio and active account not overwrites the backup file? I dont recognize the balance in the account and the file shows some items marked as reconciling when I know none were left like that.

5. 5 Posted by Nich bradley on 07 Jun, 2018 11:19 AM

Have successfully updated, and rebooted the computer. When I restore an archive from April it opens first the last file opened (asks for password) but then asks for a password for a second version of it. so is still not functioning properly. no v2017.7.1(1671)

6. 6 Posted by dwg on 07 Jun, 2018 09:18 PM

I'm a fellow user.

When you restore from backup Moneydance creates another data set. The data sets are independent so when you switch between them it asks for the password

7. 7 Posted by sth on 08 Jun, 2018 01:10 AM

If you want to explicitly open a file without opening the file that was last open, just press "cancel" on the password window. This will take you to the "Welcome" splash screen that has a list of accounts to open.

8. 8 Posted by rm2426 on 08 Jun, 2018 09:15 PM

My MD2015.8 (1392) crashes MD on File Export too on Mac Book-High Sierra? See my post 6-8-2018 rrm2426

9. 9 Posted by sth on 08 Jun, 2018 09:38 PM

RM2426, look at comment #1!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac