Export transactions doesn't select dates or accounts?

barry.cornell

06 Jun, 2018 08:12 PM

On a MAC - I want to export transactions for one account, with a begin-date. I used File/export, selecting the account and "this year". I get a different account, or maybe it's all accounts, with no account identifier and no date. Nor very useful! What am I missing?

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 06 Jun, 2018 11:08 PM

Hi Barry,

If you just want to view the transactions in question, try generating a Transactions report of the relevant data.

You can save the report as an HTML or delimited file if you want to further manipulate the data in a spreadsheet.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Barry.cornell on 07 Jun, 2018 01:34 AM

Thanks, Kevin, but I really want to analyze the data in another program, so I want to just dump transactions as they are, duplicate data and all. I can’t find a way. I agree the Transactions rept is close, but Export would be better.

3. 3 Posted by sth on 07 Jun, 2018 11:16 PM

Export may NOT better for what you want to do. The QIF or JSON may need a lot of manipulation to make it suitable for other programs. The TSV export is in a weird multi-line format as well. But it does seem to export all accounts and respect the starting date for me. Have version of MD are you using.

4. 4 Posted by barry.cornell on 08 Jun, 2018 01:28 AM

I should have said that I use Split transactions extensively, which leads to the suppression of "duplicate" data on the reports. I tried the tab-delimited Export option, which was acceptable to Excel, but it gave me all accounts, not the account I asked for. Can I deal with this - yes, but I feel that Export should work, since it's documented and is part of the release. I'd rather not get further into a discussion of what I can do instead. I'd like to know if this is really intended to work as I understand it and, if it should be working, when it might get fixed.

5. 5 Posted by sth on 08 Jun, 2018 02:19 AM

Actually the "Transactions" report does show splits. The "Transaction Filter" report has even more flexibility.

The Export does show only the account selected. It also includes current exchange rates and security prices, but I only get data for the selected account for the date range I ask.

Only suggestion I have is update MD to the latest release. And get a Mac.... :-)

6. 6 Posted by Barry Cornell on 08 Jun, 2018 01:42 PM

As noted in previous posts, I do use a MAC, Export does not work for me, other reports don’t do what I want easily, and I’m done debating it. Thanks anyway

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac