Cannot connect to download transactions

Robert Hurvitz

05 Jun, 2018 10:43 PM

Hi,

I am no longer able to download my transactions from TD Bank. The connection from the list says "TD Bank Online Banking - New", which is what I previously selected. I can't seem to disable and then try re-enabling the account. I am presented with a login dialog, and when I submit my credentials, I get the following error:

A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad

Can you please tell me what the next steps are? I can't seem to delete the account and start over, and I can't get past the error.

Very frustrating. This worked for the past 2 years.I am running version 2015.7 (1358)

Thank you for your prompt attention.
Regards,
Bob Hurvitz

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by derekkent23 on 05 Jul, 2018 09:30 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I cant advice a bank in your area, the best I can do is provide a link to banks that Moneydance can connect to. https://infinitekind.com/fi

Hope this helps

2. 32 Posted by chonyid on 07 Jul, 2018 09:04 PM

Same problem. Syncing with TD Bank has been working fine for years, but as of their security upgrade over a month ago, I haven't been able to download transactions. Get this error: A communication or parsing error occurred. This could be the result of a network problem, a proxy error, or misconfigured server.
    Error Description: java.io.IOException: HTTP Error:400 Bad Request.
    I am using version 2017.7.1. I tried "Refresh" in Set up online banking. Doesn't help.

To the person above in Massachusetts: Bank of America works.

3. 33 Posted by derekkent23 on 07 Jul, 2018 09:37 PM

Regarding Bank of America I noted this post by Support http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/9833-bank-o...

Hope this helps

4. 34 Posted by charles on 08 Jul, 2018 12:44 AM

Same problem. Syncing with TD Bank has been working fine for years, but as of their security upgrade over a month ago, I haven't been able to download transactions.

See attached screen grab

5. 35 Posted by phil on 08 Jul, 2018 06:35 PM

My experience is that Chase supports Direct Connect. For my Credit
    Union and for Bank of America, I have to use Web Connect (for QFX files)
    and save-import them manually. I do prefer the Direct Connect option.

Phil Kane (long-time user)

6. 36 Posted by zeppova on 13 Jul, 2018 01:55 AM

Is there any news or advance on the issue with TDBank? Reading other threads it seem like it is not just TD Bankers with the issue of not connecting...

IK - can you provide some insight? Or will this take a year to resolve like the check printing problem.

7. 37 Posted by scott.munroe on 14 Jul, 2018 04:27 PM

I followed the link for downloading, but found no option to get the preview version, only 2017.7.1 (1671) which I presume is the current release. I installed it anyway. It did not fix the problem.

8. 38 Posted by derekkent23 on 14 Jul, 2018 04:30 PM

I am not support staff. just a user.

Preview build can be found at https://infinitekind.com/preview

Hope this helps

9. 39 Posted by robert ulmer on 14 Jul, 2018 04:55 PM

I don't see Bank of America on the list of institutions.

10. 40 Posted by Robert Hurviitz on 16 Jul, 2018 03:18 PM

Before anyone loads this beta version of software, it would be nice to know if any of the improvements in it relate to the TD Bank download issue. Just because there is a beta version out there, doesn’t mean it’ll fix the TD Bank issue.

Can someone from IK please tell us if this version of software does anything to help fix the TD Bank connect issue? I don’t see any bug fix in the text file that relates to TD Bank connect issues.

Derek is not an employee, and is just trying to help, but Derek- leave the advice to the staff at IK- you may be doing more harm than good for people.

Thanks,

Bob

11. 41 Posted by tjbyron on 16 Jul, 2018 03:28 PM

I am a Mac user, and Manually download statements from my UK bank account.

Since the Apple update a couple of days back, to version 10-13-6 I have not been able to download anything.

I got Apple to check over my computer, online, and showed them what I was trying to do.
    They think that Infinite Kind, may not have updated Moneydance to match the latest update version. Can any body confirm this has been done

12. 42 Posted by sth on 16 Jul, 2018 03:55 PM

@Robert, actually, Derek's advice is usually quite good. I suggest you try it and see if the updated certificates actually help. The certificate updates and all other improvements since version 2015.7 are certainly not listed in the preview log. Or you can sit on your thumbs and wait quietly until IK replies to this thread, it has been almost 6 weeks, but you can wait a bit longer.

@tjbyron, that is a standard support answer when they don't have a clue. Did you update from 10.13.5 to 10.13.6, this is a security update and should not need for Applications to be rewritten. What version of Moneydance are you using? You say that you can't download manually from your UK bank, does that mean that you can't download using Safari? If so, the problem is not Moneydance. This seems to be a completely different issue than the TD Bank issue and so probably should be another thread.

13. 43 Posted by derekkent23 on 16 Jul, 2018 04:14 PM

Hi Robert
    As you do not appreciate help from other users I suggest you only start private threads that only support can read.
    This thread as a public thread and as such invites contributions from other users.

14. 44 Posted by Todd Stidham on 16 Jul, 2018 11:11 PM

And not to pile on Robert, but blaming IK for a change that TD Bank made which caused the issue is disingenuous. TD Bank did this to us, not IK and this is not a "bug" in the software.

Being involved in software development myself, I know how schedules and release dates can get botched from just normal bugs and patches, but to then have a bank completely change what it allows to connect can throw a pretty major wrench (spanner for the EU folks) into the works. I myself have been downloading the OFX export from TD and importing it manually. Hopefully a fix will be along soon, but if not I'll be switching to PNC bank myself and keeping MoneyDance.

15. 45 Posted by VC on 17 Jul, 2018 12:46 PM

I just called TD bank and they stated they do not currently have an ETA for getting this fixed. I recommend everyone call them and urge them to allow support for other programs or reimburse their customers for the cost of Quicken (which they won't want to do). If enough people call and make enough noise, then they may actually do something about it.

16. 46 Posted by elifestyle on 17 Jul, 2018 01:08 PM

I have given up on TD Bank and am in the process of closing all my accounts.

17. 47 Posted by Jim on 18 Jul, 2018 08:55 PM

I am having this problem with Moneydance as well. As I reported in http://help.infinitekind.com/discussions/online-banking/10077-td-bank-security-upgrade-can-no-longer-update-online

I reset my TD Bank access per their instructions. I can access my TD Bank account with Quicken, but Moneydance continues to fail with IOException

It appears to me that this is a Moneydance problem and I hope their developers are working on a solution as reported by Ian O in post #13

18. 48 Posted by Todd Stidham on 18 Jul, 2018 10:24 PM

Jim, it's not a MoneyDance problem. TD made a change to their website security which now only allows Quicken to connect and download transactions. Hopefully we can get TD to reverse this so that ALL money management software can connect and download, including MoneyDance. Or maybe InfiniteKind can schedule some development time to figure out a work around, but make no mistake about who made the change or caused the problem. It was TD Bank.

19. 49 Posted by artybug on 19 Jul, 2018 02:11 AM

I'm sorry, but if this was a free open-source product, I could understand the Infinite Kind being on the sidelines. With the issue like this, they should be updating their users on a regular basis. So far I have not seen a single notice go out regarding this to the users. There should be a big announcement on their support site at least saying something to the effect of "we're working on it" or "here's a workaround", etc.

So far, I'm not impressed with the company.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac