Portfolio View and Securities View Show Incorrect Price

m_w_baker

20 May, 2018 05:58 PM

The price shown in the graph for an investment account shows that I paid $209,498.67 per share for a mutual fund share. However my register shows that I paid the correct amount of $20.949867 per share. The value of my account looks distorted because of this incorrect pricing. The history of the pricing for the security shows the correct price for this and all other transaction dates. Why is the graph and the account showing off by a factor of 1000?

1. 1 Posted by sth on 20 May, 2018 06:05 PM

Check the price history for the mutual fund. It may be that the "current price" is different than a historical price?

Also check that you did not buy it under an incorrect currency or have multiple definitions of the same currency. Check tools->currencies to see if you have multiple definitions of USD.

2. 2 Posted by m_w_baker on 20 May, 2018 06:56 PM

In the security History pop-up the current price aligns with the latest price for the security: $20.17 per share.

When I selected the "Tools" and viewed the different currencies available, there was only one currency defined as USD (US dollars). The currency for the security is defined as US Dollar.

In the register for all transaction I have let Moneydance calculate all of the prices of the security based on the number of shares purchased and the amount of money spent. The number of shares that is displayed in the register is correct. However when I look at the graph in the securities detail window I see the wrong price for all data points in the graph, all prices that show when I hover over the data points in the graph reflect a price that is 1000 times too large.

When I clicked on the drop-down adjacent to the calculated price in the Register I saw two options:
    option A for price: USD/#####W###
    option B for price: #####W###/USD

Option A is selected just like it is for all other transaction in all the other financial accounts that I have (note that # represents numbers that are in the same sequence for both options).

3. 3 Posted by sth on 22 May, 2018 03:55 AM

I am not sure what that "#####W###" is. On my system it seems to be an ID for that currency. it is "^315807461" and yes option A seems to be the default.

It seems that somehow there is a translation of value from USD to USD that adds a factor of 1000 or 10,000. Check if there is any hints in the Help->Console Log output about currency issues.

Maybe infinite kind can chime in with some help.

4. System closed this discussion on 21 Aug, 2018 04:00 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac