Not able to edit

Donald Davenport

15 May, 2018 01:59 PM

This is for Version 2017.2 (1597) operating on a Mac OS 10.12.6. For some reason, Moneydance will not let me edit transactions. I click (or double click) on the register. Nothing.

Probably something very simple, but I can't figure it out.

Thanks.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 15 May, 2018 02:01 PM

Hi Donald,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered while using Moneydance. Can you let me know the type of mouse you are using with your system? If it is an Apple Magic mouse, I'm afraid that we are aware of an issue that causes erratic cursor behaviour. It appears that Java is unable to interpret and the communicate gestures performed on the back of the mouse, to the operating system. We are eagerly awaiting a new revision of Java that will resolve this issue, as soon as it becomes available we will be incorporating this new version into Moneydance.

Do you have the opportunity to test Moneydance using a different mouse to see if this is the cause?

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Donald Davenpor... on 15 May, 2018 02:06 PM

Hi Ian—

We have two licensed versions of Moneydance running on two separate machines. Both use wireless mice. One works perfectly. The other doesn’t allow editing.

Also, as I mentioned, the one that doesn’t allow editing is using an older version of Moneydance. Would upgrading it help?

D

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM