Black squares instead of dots/diamonds

Jonathan

14 May, 2018 10:22 PM

I've previously run MD with no problems in Ubuntu and Manjaro/Arch (KDE Plasma). However, I have recently switched to Antergos/Arch (XFCE). Black squares are now showing up instead of the usual colored dots and diamonds. See error log excerpt below; I've also attached a screenshot (transaction info blacked out for security). It's almost as if MD can't find the correct font via Java; I've tried installing several additional font packages on the system, but to no avail. Also, I tried launching moneydance directly from the Linux terminal. MD opened (with black squares), but I did get the following info in the terminal: "Picked up _JAVA_OPTIONS: -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=gasp -Dawt.useSystemAAFontSettings=on"

Starting Moneydance 2017.7.1 (1671) at Mon May 14 17:02:05 CDT 2018
Settings Folder: /home/jrmtomburg/.moneydance
Java: 10.0.1 (Oracle Corporation)
Is in sandbox: false; restricted file access: false
Initializing Moneydance SSL
Created new custom trust manager
multires images not supported: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: sun.awt.image.MultiResolutionImage
multires images available: false
error loading properties for theme custom from URL: file:/home/jrmtomburg/.moneydance/custom_theme.properties error: java.io.FileNotFoundException: /home/jrmtomburg/.moneydance/custom_theme.properties (No such file or directory)
Error parsing gtk-icon-sizes string: ''

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• screenshot.jpg 35.1 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM