Why is there a blue dot next to one account

Kelley

13 May, 2018 03:27 PM

Hi, I have just switched from Quicken to Money Dance and I am very happy I did. but I am not so savvy using it. I have a blue dot next to one of my accounts in the account pane. I am familiar with the blue dots in the transactions but not there. What does it mean and how can I rectify it?

1. 1 Posted by Mike Bray (a us... on 13 May, 2018 03:47 PM

Hi kelly

This means there are transactions on the account that have not had a category assigned. If you click on the
    account you will see the transactions that need a category. You will be presented with first transaction
    and some options for assignment. Choose a category and save the transaction. It will go onto the next transaction.

Over time MD will remember categories based on the payee so this becomes a quick exercise.

The blue dot on the account will disappear once all transactions have been addressed.
    Mike (not MD support)

Sent from my iPad

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 May, 2018 04:36 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I am not sure the blue dot is related to categories.
    Take a look at http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/online-banking-and-bill-pay/recogni...

Hope this helps.

3. 3 Posted by Mike Bray (a us... on 13 May, 2018 05:00 PM

Derek, in a way you are right. The blue dot is ‘unconfirmed’ however to ‘confirm’ a transaction
    you are asked to assign a category to that transaction.

The action of confirmation asks the user to confirm that an imported transaction has been assigned
    to the correct category and that the amount is correct. If there is a similar transaction already
    in the account then the user is given the opportunity to merge the two transactions or create a new one.

So, the blue dot says there are unconfirmed transactions in the account. Confirming all transactions
    removes the dot.

Sent from my iPad

4. 4 Posted by Kelley Kuhlman on 13 May, 2018 06:06 PM

Thanks but this is not in the transaction area it is in the account list.

Kelley Kuhlman
    The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6

5. 5 Posted by Kelley Kuhlman on 13 May, 2018 06:09 PM

Also – there are no blue dots in the list of transactions.

Kelley Kuhlman
    The LORD is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. The lines have fallen for me in pleasant places; indeed, I have a beautiful inheritance. Psalm 16:5-6

Sent: Sunday, May 13, 2018 8:06 AM
    To: [email blocked]<mailto:[email blocked]>
    Subject: RE: Why is there a blue dot next to one account [Problems #44882]

Thanks but this is not in the transaction area it is in the account list.

Kelley Kuhlman

6. 6 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 May, 2018 06:31 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

Yes Mike, fully agree with you last post.

7. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ian O on 14 May, 2018 12:05 PM

Hi Kelley,

As Derek and Mike have highlighted, the blue dot would indicate that there is at least one unconfirmed transaction within the account in question. Are you certain there are no unconfirmed transactions within the account? Can you try selecting the 'Unconfirmed' filter at the top of your register. This should limit your view to just the unconfirmed transactions in the account.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

8. 8 Posted by Kelley Kuhlman on 14 May, 2018 07:22 PM

Thanks – that really helped. When I looked at my register it only had 10 transactions and none unconfirmed but when I clicked unconfirmed all the rest of the transactions appeared. I really appreciate the help.

Kelley Kuhlman

9. Support Staff 9 Posted by Ian O on 15 May, 2018 08:13 AM

No problem Kelley, happy to help! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

10. Ian O closed this discussion on 15 May, 2018 08:13 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM