Random graphs for securities - i.e. not matching the records

UxR

12 May, 2018 05:53 PM

MoneyDance seems to generate random historical graphs for SOME of my securities (not all) that doesn't match my records. See attached example on BRK.B where I have downloaded historical data using AlphaVantage going back for the last 5 months, yet the graph extends further.

Anyone has any idea what is feeding data for the rest of the graph? Has anyone seen similar in theirs and managed to get to the root cause?

Thanks.

1. 1 Posted by sth on 12 May, 2018 07:53 PM

Check the securities list you may have two different entries for BRK.B or BRK-B (they do get confused).

2. 2 Posted by UxR on 13 May, 2018 07:49 PM

Hi sth. Thanks for the reply.

This isn't the issue - only one entry for the security there.

I have the same issue with some (but not all) other securities as well - including "made up" securities that I use for tracking the value of my pension funds. In all cases, MD creates a random history chart that extends way into the past without anything to base that on...

3. 3 Posted by sth on 13 May, 2018 08:07 PM

Well then to me it seems to be that you have a corrupted data file and are living dangerously. I would try remove all for BRK.B and then download and import using the current Q&ER extension. That will go back 6 months. I might do this for the other problematic securities. It does appear that your data for BRK.B is not real values.

For Mac and linux users there is an easy trick to download and update back to the maximum AlphaVantage has or 20 years if you need an older historical record.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-05-12_at_18.37.00.png 253 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM