Net Worth Report not using Exchange Rates. Summary Page is Correct.

Anthony

11 May, 2018 01:44 PM

My base current is GBP. I have two accounts in USD.

The Net Worth report is ignoring the conversion rate and treating the USD balances as GBP amounts - therefore overstating my net worth.

However, the summary page is displaying the values as USD but "behind the scenes" converting them to GBP and showing a correct net worth figure.

Can this please be investigated and fixed? From memory, this hasn't always been broken.

Thank you!

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 11 May, 2018 03:26 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

It might help support if you could post the version and build of Moneydance you are running. See under HELP - ABOUT MONEYDANCE. e.g. 2017.7.1(1671)

2. 2 Posted by Anthony on 11 May, 2018 05:38 PM

Please disregard this item. I believe the issue is the Net Worth report not updating the "as at" date rather than the exchange rates themselves.

3. 3 Posted by UxR on 12 May, 2018 06:46 PM

Hi. I'm getting discrepancies between the Net Worth on the summary page and the Net Worth reported by the Account Balances and Net Worth reports as well.

Do you think one of the reports is picking a different date from the other in your case?

I'm running the latest beta - and from memory this issue has always been there (at least for the last 1.5 years).

4. 4 Posted by sth on 12 May, 2018 07:50 PM

Yes. One uses the "current value" field of a security and one uses the "as of date" or the date equal to or previous to the networth calculation date.

5. System closed this discussion on 11 Aug, 2018 08:00 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac