Cannot log in to Schwab account - error 2000

kwbear

09 May, 2018 11:24 PM

I recently changed my Schwab password. Now I am unable to log in to my account. I perform the MD setup procedure and arrive at the final page that does display by correct bank account number with the button "Finish" at the lower right. I click it and am presented with my Schwab Register. I then attempt to download transactions and receive the 2000 error code. Immediately following that, I go to the Schwab web page and log in successfully. I do not attempt to log into my Schwab account in Moneydance more than once because doing so will lock my Schwab access. I know, because I've done that twice now!
Configuration: Moneydance 2017.7.1(1671), Mac OS10.12.6.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 10 May, 2018 10:00 AM

Hi,

Could you try clearing your online credentials? You can do this by selecting the Online --> "Forget Online Passwords" menu option. This will remove all of the saved credentials form your file for all accounts, so be sure you have that information handy! Next, check your account settings for each account to make sure that the account and routing numbers are entered correctly. Finally, set up your connections again.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by kwbear on 11 May, 2018 04:03 PM

Ian O:

Thank you! I thought one could correct the issue but clicking on "Set Up Online Banking". Nope! One has to do as you suggest and first "Forget Online Passwords". That fixed the problem.

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 14 May, 2018 06:29 AM

No problem, glad to hear everything is working! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Ian O closed this discussion on 14 May, 2018 06:29 AM.

5. kwbear re-opened this discussion on 18 Jul, 2018 02:20 PM

6. 4 Posted by kwbear on 18 Jul, 2018 02:20 PM

Greetings Ian:

I’m going to take you up on your offer to get back to you.

Seems that many folks, me included, are unable to update stock prices. Recent posts to the Forum suggest the use of third-party apps. Seems to me that a very basic part of Moneydance is the tracking of securities.

Is Infinite Kind working on any permanent fix to the ongoing download-security-price issue? Seems to me they should be,

FYI: Moneydance 2017.7.1 (1671) and OS 10.13.6

Best wishes,

Ken Workman

7. 5 Posted by sth on 19 Jul, 2018 12:47 AM

There are two solutions. One is a 3rd party (like some extensions) that will load daily prices. The other is the Q&ER extension v1018 from IK that works with the AlphaVantage quote source and has issues with quotes on non-US exchanges and different currencies. Both of those solutions should probably be considered permanent. The tracking of securities has gotten problematic since the standard internet data sources (Yahoo, Google) decided that providing information for free was not in their best interest. There is no silver bullet solution since no one seems to want to provide good high quality comprehensive curated data for free.

8. 6 Posted by kwbear on 19 Jul, 2018 10:23 PM

I just installed the Q&ER extension v 1018 and downloaded the API Key. Try as I might I can’t find where I’m supposed to enter the API key. Alpha Vantage FAQ doesn’t answer this question. Can you help?

9. 7 Posted by sth on 20 Jul, 2018 02:06 AM

If you open Extensions->Quotes and Exchange Rates, but not the "Now" version you will get a window. At the top is a button "Set API Key", press this and enter key.

10. System closed this discussion on 19 Oct, 2018 02:10 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac