Dropbox Sync

Tad Smedes

06 May, 2018 11:42 PM

For the third time in 45 days I am having to un-install and reinstall Moneydance and restore my data from a backup. I have been using the Dropbox folder sync function and when I turn on my home computer after traveling and fire up Moneydance it over writes my current data with the whatever was in the local copy. Very frustrating and very time consuming to have to completely un-install MD from both my laptop and my home desktop, re-install and then restore from backup. Why is it doing this??

Both machine are running Linux Mint 17.3 and Moneydance 2017.6 (1656)

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 07 May, 2018 06:43 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I don’t know why what’s happening to you is happening.

But two points.

First 2017.6(1656) is not the latest build of 2017. You should install 2017.7.1(1671) on all your computers from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software
    There have been a number of bug fixes relating to syncing.

If you do hit a problem then un-installing Moneydance then re-installing moneydance will do nothing to fix the problem. You would only need to re-install Moneydance if the Moneydance program itself was corrupted, which is unlikely to have happened. Just restore from backup on your primary computer and start syncing from scratch. Your primary computer is the one you first set up syncing on under FILES – SYNCING.

Hope this helps

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac