Reconcile feature won't adjust balance

Geoffrey Howe

05 May, 2018 09:17 PM

I'm not sure why, I am trying to set up my accounts and just got through migrating all of my transactions from my previous budget software. Your balance is showing way out of range by $20K so I tried to reconcile and expected it to create a balancing transacton. It doesn't give me that option. i Can "Finish Later" or I can "Cancel" or I can "Done". As far as I can tell none of these options does anything different to my account. Am I missing something?

1. 1 Posted by jstackpo on 05 May, 2018 10:08 PM

[Regular User Here]

Rather than try to create a fake transaction (too much of that in the US anyway) that you may regret later, you might click your way to << Accounts | Edit Accounts >> and put an appropriate number in the "Initial Balance" box. That may be fake too but Mr Mueller will never find out. Then if you find out what went wrong with your migration, it will be easy to find your earlier "correction" and adjust the numbers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 May, 2018 03:52 AM
20 May, 2018 01:58 AM
20 May, 2018 01:13 AM