Handling of Split transactions in Reports

boreham

22 Apr, 2018 04:41 PM

The problem is best illustrated by example:

I paid in four cheques together. These were donations (to a charity) by A, B, C and D.

I entered this in Moneydance as a split, with the top level transaction name "Donations from A, B, C and D" , and in each split I entered the donor name and the amount that donor had given.

In the Report "Income and Expenses and Expenses, Detailed" the four donations show up individually as expected, but they all have the same description "Donations from A, B, C and D".

I was expecting and hoping that the report would show A gave £X, B gave £Y etc, as per the split entries.

Is there a way of doing what I want?

Thanks

1. 1 Posted by rm2426 on 14 May, 2018 05:12 PM

I am not support staff- a user....
    I noticed the same that the "MEMO" of the transaction (Not split memo) is the default-no matter what you enter in the split transaction description.

Also noticed that if the split transaction memo is changed-edited after the spit transaction was accepted, the main transaction memo does not change, but remains the same as before.

So I guess note in Memo of transaction each item you want to make note of, then do so in the split too?

I too would like any reports with split transactions to show the description/memo of the "SPLIT TRANSACTION" and not the memo/description of the main transaction.

Regards, rm2426

2. System closed this discussion on 13 Aug, 2018 05:20 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac