Nagging Register Issue asking to Save changes

pfkalina

15 Apr, 2018 06:48 PM

This is not a major problem, but one that I've noticed for some time. It occurs often after I've entered transactions into a register. I get a message window asking 'Save Changes?'. (see screen shot) I do have Preferences set to Auto-Create New Transactions. I'm not sure if that is the problem, but MD seems to create a 'phantom transaction' that populates some of the fields which will trigger the Save Changes window when I try to switch to another account. All I have to do is hit 'No' and the window disappears. However, I wonder if it is referring to a REAL transaction that I forgot to save, so I go back into the register just to make sure. I can't seem to recreate the event, but it does occur often during my sessions where I'm reconciling my accounts.
BTW--I'm impressed with the recent program changes and response to user issues by IK. I have several accounts and MD allows me to monitor them in a timely manner. I really depend on this program and amazed at its speed and ability to download my data from several different sources. Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Ian O on 16 Apr, 2018 03:15 PM

Hi,

Glad to hear you enjoy using Moneydance! Regarding the behaviour you have described. Can you let me know what version of Moneydance you are using? The most recent version of Moneydance will only display this prompt when a change has been made in a transaction. Previous versions would issue this prompt any time you navigated to another account while a transaction was in an editable state.

You can check the version your are using currently by navigating within Moneydance to Moneydance --> About Moneydance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by pfkalina on 17 Apr, 2018 03:14 PM

Hi Ian,
    I was on build 1671 but just downloaded 1672. So far, it looks good. I usually see the prompt when I’m doing my end of the month work. I’ll watch for it in a few weeks and let you know. For now, you can close this. Thanks!

Phil K
    Midland, MI

3. 3 Posted by Ian O on 17 Apr, 2018 03:17 PM

No problem Phil. I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Ian O closed this discussion on 17 Apr, 2018 03:17 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

19 Dec, 2018 07:36 AM
19 Dec, 2018 05:37 AM
19 Dec, 2018 03:50 AM