Forex translation stopped on 6th April

The Cappuccino Kid

10 Apr, 2018 10:42 AM

Hi,

Please see screen shot attached. MD was translating EUR to GBP and then just stopped! Translation tables are up to date.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 10 Apr, 2018 10:54 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered while using Moneydance. Thanks for sending the screenshot through. The transaction to 'Holiday: Eats and Drinks' does not have the rate applied. This would suggest that the category is in the same currency as the account. Can you double check the currency in use for 'Holiday: Eats and Drinks'? You can do this by navigating within Moneydance to Tools --> Categories, and then double click the 'Holiday: Eats and Drinks' category in the resulting window. The category's details will then be shown, including the currency in use.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by The Cappuccino ... on 10 Apr, 2018 11:02 AM

HI Ian,

Both categories are GBP and the account I was recording in is in EUR. I've attached the screenshots.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 10 Apr, 2018 11:11 AM

Thanks for sending through the screenshots. Have you used this category before? Can you try right clicking on the problem transaction and selecting 'Show Other Side'? This should display a register for this category only, how do your transactions appear here? Do they have the foreign rate where applicable, i.e. when the originating account is is in Euros?

At this point, it might also be worth navigating to Account --> Edit Account, which should bring up the category details again. This will rule out the possibility of a duplicate category in your data set with GBP as the currency.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by The Cappuccino ... on 23 Apr, 2018 07:46 AM

Hi Ian,

I have not updated this as the fault is intermittent. There seems to be a link to whether the transaction is submitted after iPhone sync but I am still trying to resolve the pattern.

5. 5 Posted by The Cappuccino ... on 02 May, 2018 08:51 AM

OK, the reason behind this is simple - but leads to another issue. The euro translation picked up by Alpha Vantage was 1:1 - see screenshot. The API seems to be at fault.

6. 6 Posted by nomads.fryer on 10 Jul, 2018 10:24 PM

I have been getting 1.00 values in my currency history table, mixed in with good numbers. I believe that they are originating from when I try and do a split transaction in a foreign currency - this feature is not working and uses exchange rate of 1.00 in the register which then gets put into the history table.
    Have you been trying to do split transactions with a foreign currency?

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2018-04-10_at_11.31.17.png 40.6 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

23 Sep, 2018 04:15 AM
23 Sep, 2018 02:47 AM
22 Sep, 2018 11:34 PM