Where did the ka-ching go?

jonh

02 Apr, 2018 04:04 AM

MacOS High Sierra 10.13.4, updated to MD 2017.7 last week. The cash register ka-ching works fine entering general account data.

For confirming downloaded security transactions I am greeted only with the sound of the keys on my keyboard. I'm fairly certain it used to ka-ching for confirming downloaded transactions of securities. It does make the proper sound if I manually enter a new transaction in the security register. Is the missing ka-ching a new feature or a bug (or am I all mixed up and it never was there)?

As long as I'm writing, I originally installed from IK download page. At the Apple Store it appears that I cannot upgrade, I have to continue to visit the IK download page. The App Store is indicating I have to pay. Is that correct?

1. 1 Posted by jonh on 03 May, 2018 04:34 AM

Hello support staff. Anyone reading this?, it's been 4 weeks of silence.....
    Can you at least acknowledge that I have a problem or that it's working as designed?

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 03 May, 2018 08:21 AM

I am not support staff, just a user.

You can turn the ka-ching on and off under FILE – PREFERENCES – “Beep when Transactions Change” but the sound is for manually entered transactions only.

As you didn’t purchase from Apply they won’t allow you to update builds with in a version, they did not get your money so are under no obligation. Just update direct for free.
    Purchasing direct gives, you a number of advantages. A small number of features are not available in the Apply version. You don’t get the next version free from Apply. Say 2015 to2017. Then you don’t get a 50% discount from then on. Apply don’t allow access to the preview builds of Moneydance which can be frustrating if a bug has been fixed or a feature added and you have to wait months before you can get this from Apply.

Hope this helps

3. 3 Posted by jonh on 05 May, 2018 02:24 AM

Thanks for taking the time to reply, that is more than IK has done. And thanks for your numerous other support posts. I appreciated the one about the extension for quotes.

I drug out my old linux machine w/ build 1671 installed. I should have done that rather than posting but it was too much trouble to set it up. It proved that my memory had failed me and that your are absolutely correct, I get the sound (ka-ching) only for manually entered transactions, not when I do a download that must be confirmed.

4. System closed this discussion on 04 Aug, 2018 02:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Dec, 2018 09:51 AM
14 Dec, 2018 09:46 AM
14 Dec, 2018 07:09 AM