Upgrading to the latest version.

Henry Chandler

19 Mar, 2018 10:18 AM

Apparently this version doesn't roll over when trying to archive/save in High Sierra.
If I upgrade to this version will it simple replace the one I have 2015.6 (1299) and pick up all of the data that is involved?
Also is there a cost? I don't mind paying if it isn't extortionate. However I am quite happy with functionality of my current programme.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 19 Mar, 2018 10:26 AM

Hi Henry,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered while using Moneydance. Unfortunately High Sierra contains a bug that causes Moneydance to crash when the file chooser is activated. Our lead developer has implemented a work around in the most recent version of Moneydance, Moneydance 2017. Unfortunately, it would be quite a lot of work to back-port the workaround we made for MD2017 to older versions. We are hoping that Apple will correct this bug with an update to High Sierra.

I'm unable to locate your purchase history using your email address. This would allow me to confirm your upgrade options. If you purchased Moneydance 2015, MD2017 is a free upgrade for you. When you purchase Moneydance, you're always entitled to the next version for free.

If you purchased an older version (likely Moneydance 2014), you can enter your current license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount against the upgrade cost.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Henry Chandler on 19 Mar, 2018 10:45 AM

Dear Ian

Many thanks for the reply. When I purchased Moneydance my email address was connected to Demon. I am getting old and can’t remember it exactly, /hachan.demon etc I think. Demon simply shut down despite charging for its use.
    As I said my version is 2015.6 and the only think that “needs fixing” is this filing system bug. It doesn’t surprise me that it is an Apple problem. I am quite happy with my version otherwise, in fact I could nearly use a Spreadsheet for my finances. Just several bank accounts between my wife and myself.
    As I said I would be happy to buy the upgrade if all I have to do is click on the downloaded package and it will pick up my data file and use it as in a similar way. Why are Apple OS’s so complex? I do know and I always avoided UNIX years ago when I programmed.

Do I go ahead?

If so do I simply follow the instructions in your Support pages ie Purchasing and upgrading from 2012, 2014 and 2015?

All the best

Dr Henry Chandler

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 19 Mar, 2018 11:02 AM

I have located your purchase under the email address [email blocked]. I can see you purchased Moneydance 2015, so the new version will be a free upgrade for you.

You can download the most recent version of Moneydance from here. You should simply download the new version and replace the version currently installed on your system. When opened, it should automatically open your data set.

Please let me know if you encounter any further difficulties.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Henry Chandler on 19 Mar, 2018 11:14 AM

Dear Ian

Many thanks! It seems to have worked and I have the what appears to be my original version but which now can archive itself properly or whatever.

Yours aye

Henry Chandler

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ian O on 19 Mar, 2018 11:16 AM

No problem Henry, glad to hear everything is working! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Ian O closed this discussion on 19 Mar, 2018 11:16 AM.

7. Henry Chandler re-opened this discussion on 28 Mar, 2018 04:22 PM

8. 6 Posted by Henry Chandler on 28 Mar, 2018 04:22 PM

Dear Ian,

The problem with storing a backup has come back. It appears that the version that I am running is 2015.6(1299]. Do I need to do a full upgrade? I thought that I had upgraded.

Apart from this storage problem, ie the command “backup" rolling the programme over, I am quite happy with it. It is a nuisance though.

All the best

Henry Chandler

9. Support Staff 7 Posted by Ian O on 28 Mar, 2018 04:27 PM

Hi Henry,

Is there any chance you didn't remove the older version of Moneydance? When you download Moneydance, you should replace the previous version. I'm wondering if Moneydance 2017 is in your downloads folder, it may have been placed here automatically when you downloaded it. If this is the case, you should replace your installation of Moneydance 2015 with this new version. Ensure Moneydance is closed when performing this action.

If this doesn't explain what you're seeing, please let me know and we can investigate further.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

10. 8 Posted by Henry Chandler on 28 Mar, 2018 04:31 PM

Dear Ian

I will do a bit of hunting etc. I probably report back sometime tomorrow as I have to go over to see an ill friend.

All the best

Henry

11. 9 Posted by Henry Chandler on 29 Mar, 2018 07:04 AM

Dear Ian

I think that I have sorted it! I am now running Version 2017.6. I think that I have removed the old version. However, as I hinted before, once “under the surface” with this OS I am never sure of anything.

All the best and many thanks

Henry

12. Support Staff 10 Posted by Ian O on 29 Mar, 2018 07:20 AM

No problem Henry, glad to hear everything is working! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

13. Ian O closed this discussion on 29 Mar, 2018 07:20 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac