Registering upgrade purchase of 2017 money dance

dma10mm

13 Feb, 2018 06:59 PM

The instructions to register my purchase of the upgraded 2017 money dance are:

1) Start Moneydance, and select the Help->Register Moneydance menu item.
2) Enter the key below into the entry field in the registration window.

I have Moneydance2014. When I start moneydance and go to "Help" there is no "register moneydance menu item" option. Frustrating to give money over for a purchase and not have the thing I just paid for available.

What now?

Michele

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Feb, 2018 09:34 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

If you have been running 2014 and now purchased 2017 at a 50% discount you need to backup your data.
    Download 2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software
    Follow the upgrade procedure from http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/purchasing-and-upgrading/upgrading-...
    Then install the key

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by dma10mm on 14 Feb, 2018 12:14 AM

Thanks. I figured out that I needed to download Moneydance again. I found the same link you provided for upgrading and registering. So, I was able to register my key and get up and running. I did not back up my data. However, everything transferred smoothly with no hiccups so far. Perhaps that is because I upgraded from 2015 rather than 2014?

I appreciate the advice and confirmation. I really hope neglecting to back up my data will not cause problems moving forward. Fingers crossed!

Thanks again for being a supportive member of the Moneydance community. :)

Sent from my iPhone

3. 3 Posted by sth on 14 Feb, 2018 03:24 PM

dma10mm, if everything worked then you are fine. Sometimes hidden file corruption causes the upgrade to fail. BUT there is always a possibility of losing data when upgrading. In general you should have backups of your financial records anyway. Probably both onsite and offsite backups to cover fire, flood, earthquake, etc.

Make sure that the backup preference is at least saving a recent 5 copies to the local disk.

4. System closed this discussion on 16 May, 2018 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

14 Dec, 2018 09:51 AM
14 Dec, 2018 09:46 AM
14 Dec, 2018 07:09 AM