duplicates?

andrew wilkinson

12 Feb, 2018 10:54 PM

I just tried using the IOS app, and have noticed that I now seem to have some duplicated records which has never previously occurred...anything that I should be aware of that might have caused this to happen?

Thx!!

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Feb, 2018 09:54 AM

I am not support staff just a user.

Ensure you are running the latest build of 2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software on all your computers.
    Check that your APP version is the latest version.
    Of the two-sync method I think Dropbox Folder is the most flexible. Consider changing if you are using Dropbox Connection.
    I would recommend not having more than two devices running Moneydance at one time. My set up is two computers and one phone. I found if I have all three devices running Moneydance at the same time I could occasionally get syncing errors, be warned. I reported this the Sean the lead software developer but as far as I know, no fix yet.
    You can set up as many devices as you like for syncing, but only run Moneydance on two devices at a time. For, example if you have Moneydance running on one computer and a phone shut down Moneydance on one of these before opening Moneydance on another device.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Andrew Wilkinso... on 13 Feb, 2018 02:50 PM

Many thanks for your reply

I am using Dropbox sync, and only using an iPad and MacBookpro...it certainly seems there is a issue as I found perhaps 4 or 5 duplicates. I was hoping I could use the iOS application for make category and description updates whilst I was out and about, but alas until it’s reliable I fear it’s going to be be more trouble than it’s worth...still very happy with Moneydance!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad

3. System closed this discussion on 15 May, 2018 02:50 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac