duplicates?

andrew wilkinson

12 Feb, 2018 10:54 PM

I just tried using the IOS app, and have noticed that I now seem to have some duplicated records which has never previously occurred...anything that I should be aware of that might have caused this to happen?

Thx!!

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Feb, 2018 09:54 AM

I am not support staff just a user.

Ensure you are running the latest build of 2017 from https://infinitekind.com/download-moneydance-personal-finance-software on all your computers.
    Check that your APP version is the latest version.
    Of the two-sync method I think Dropbox Folder is the most flexible. Consider changing if you are using Dropbox Connection.
    I would recommend not having more than two devices running Moneydance at one time. My set up is two computers and one phone. I found if I have all three devices running Moneydance at the same time I could occasionally get syncing errors, be warned. I reported this the Sean the lead software developer but as far as I know, no fix yet.
    You can set up as many devices as you like for syncing, but only run Moneydance on two devices at a time. For, example if you have Moneydance running on one computer and a phone shut down Moneydance on one of these before opening Moneydance on another device.

Hope this helps

2. 2 Posted by Andrew Wilkinso... on 13 Feb, 2018 02:50 PM

Many thanks for your reply

I am using Dropbox sync, and only using an iPad and MacBookpro...it certainly seems there is a issue as I found perhaps 4 or 5 duplicates. I was hoping I could use the iOS application for make category and description updates whilst I was out and about, but alas until it’s reliable I fear it’s going to be be more trouble than it’s worth...still very happy with Moneydance!

Thanks again!

Sent from my iPad

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

22 Apr, 2018 10:38 PM
22 Apr, 2018 10:18 PM
22 Apr, 2018 10:08 PM