Software upgrade

Catrina

12 Feb, 2018 05:43 PM

I have updated to Moneydance 2017.6 and it indicates that under About Moneydance. But if I close the program and reopen it is says I need to upgrade from 2017 (1584) to 2017.3. Is there a way to get the upgrade to stick?

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 12 Feb, 2018 08:36 PM

It sounds like you may have the Moneydance Updater Extension installed.

If so, remove it, this extension currently has a number of known problems and I do not believe it is currently having its version information feed updated

2. 2 Posted by Catrina Thomas on 13 Feb, 2018 02:36 AM

I did remove the update extension but so now I don’t get a notification that I need to upgrade. But the program still manages to go from version 2017.6 to 2017 when it’s closed and then reopened.

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ethan on 13 Feb, 2018 03:16 AM

That's very strange. You must somehow have multiple versions of Moneydance installed on your computer. Are you opening the program in different ways, like from your Applications folder, from the dock, from launchpad, etc? If you could narrow down which version seems to appear based on how you open the program, you could narrow down where these older versions are stored and remove them.

Ethan
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by Catrina Thomas on 13 Feb, 2018 03:19 AM

I have the app icon on my dock and when I open it the app is 2017. I only get 2017.6 if I click on the upgrade that I’ve downloaded. It doesn’t stay 2017.6 if after I’ve closed the app.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ian O on 14 Feb, 2018 10:34 AM

Hi Catrina,

It sounds like you have two instances of Moneydance on your system. When you download the latest version you will be looking to replace the older version. If Moneydance 2017.6 resides in your Downloads folder, and the older version is in your Applications folder. With Moneydance closed, drag the newer version into your Applications folder, you'll be given the option to replace the older version. Doing this will mean that the Moneydance icon in your dock will point towards the most recent version.

This should hopefully get things straightened out, if you continue to encounter strange behaviour please let us know and we can troubleshoot further.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 6 Posted by sth on 14 Feb, 2018 03:43 PM

To figure out which application file you are launching from the dock, hold down the "Command key" (sometimes called "Apple" key or "Clover" key) and then click the dock icon for MD. It will open a finder window with the application highlighted that it is linked to.
    HTH, Scott (not IK support)

7. 7 Posted by Catrina Thomas on 14 Feb, 2018 04:25 PM

Yes that was it! Thank you for your help!!!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac