End of year reports for tax accoutant

Daniel Girard

23 Jan, 2018 07:19 PM

I am having the exact same problem as Michael Koch dated July 13, 2012. I need reports on sub categories i.e. individual bills such as gas, electric etc. I was a quicken user and am totally frustrated trying to compile information for my accountant. I am nearly ready to revert back to quicken. PLEASE HELP!!! Nothing customized will allow me to accomplish my goal for the tax year of 2017 and time is getting short.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 23 Jan, 2018 08:00 PM

The Income & Expense Detailed report is a report that I expect will give you what you are looking for. It shows each individual expenses and also subtotal these at each category level. The standard Income & Expense report may even give you the level you require while it does not show each individual expense it does show subtotals.

When creating any of the reports it is a good idea to select the reset button on the report before you start customising it. The reports do have a "memory"

2. 2 Posted by Dan Girard on 23 Jan, 2018 09:26 PM

Thank you for the response. I have version 2017.6 (1656). How do I get to the detailed report that will give me a detail of each sub-category?

Thank you!

Dan

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 23 Jan, 2018 09:30 PM

Unless they have been removed the available reports should be listed in the left side bar.

Another method of access reports is the menu item Tools ---> Graphs and Reports

4. 4 Posted by -Kevin N. on 23 Jan, 2018 09:34 PM

Hi Dan,

Reports should be listed along the left side bar. If not, click the (+) sign directly below the left side bar. In the resulting window, add the desired items to the left side bar.

Click on the Income & Expenses, Detailed report from the left side bar.
    Look to the top, right of the window, click the 'Edit' button.
    In the resulting window, click the 'Reset' button. Then set the desired parameters.
    Look to the buttons along the top of the large box at the bottom of the parameters window.
    Click the 'None' button.
    Click the 'By Individual' button.
    You can now select the desired category(s) to generate the report on.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

5. 5 Posted by Dan Girard on 23 Jan, 2018 09:38 PM

Thank you Kevin N. How do you then print out each detail report with the caption that shows what sub-category it is?

Dan

6. 6 Posted by -Kevin N. on 23 Jan, 2018 09:45 PM

Hi Dan,

If I understand you correctly, click the 'Memorize' button in the upper, right-hand corner of the report window.

You can then name the report so as to describe it's contents.

To print the report, you can then either use the report's 'Print' button to call up your printer driver.
    Or...
    Use the 'Save' button to save the report as an HTML file. (be sure to retain the .html file extension when saving the report) You can open an HTML file in a browser, word processor or spreadsheet and print in from within one of those environments.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

7. 7 Posted by Dan Girard on 23 Jan, 2018 10:35 PM

I am going back to quicken deluxe 2014. What is the simplest way for me to transfer all of the Money dance info back to quicken?

Thanks

Dan

8. 8 Posted by Dan Girard on 23 Jan, 2018 10:41 PM

Thanks for all your help. Money dance does not flow well and I cannot print good easy to read reports. I am going back to quicken deluxe 2014. Do you know the easiest way to transfer the info from Money dance back to quicken?

Dan

9. 9 Posted by -Kevin N. on 23 Jan, 2018 11:20 PM

Hi Dan,

You can try exporting the MD data to QIF. Menu bar > File > Export > QIF

I don't know what capabilities Q has to import the data.

Safe computing 101 dictates that you don't attempt to import the data into Q without a copy or working backup of your Q data file.

-Kevin N.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac