Download Issue

Jean Ellis

13 Jan, 2018 03:59 PM

I just upgraded to version 2017.6 from the earlier 2017 version the other day. Last night i down loaded my checking transactions from my Credit Union as I always do (30 days) and all my previously cleared withdrawals are now showing up as deposits that need to be cleared. So I went and restored the program from my backup when it was working the day before. So today, I thought I would try a download again, only this time instead of 30 days, just one day. What happened us again all withdrawals are in the deposit area. What setting might be messed up?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ethan on 13 Jan, 2018 04:28 PM

Hello,

Can you clarify if you are using direct connections to download your transactions (the options from the Online menu in the Moneydance menu bar), or if you are downloading and manually importing a file from your credit union? If it is the latter, which file type are you using?

Ethan
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by kentwoodjean on 13 Jan, 2018 04:38 PM

I have to manually download as there is no direct connections. I am downloading as Quicken with a .qfx extension. I should mention that even though I requested a 1 day download today it pulled 30 days over to the deposit side.

3. 3 Posted by kentwoodjean on 18 Jan, 2018 01:13 AM

Wondering if you have an answer on this for me. Again tried a download today and again 30 days of transactions show up in the deposit column. So once again I have to delete them. Thanks.

> On Jan 13, 2018, at 11:37 AM, kentwoodjean <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > I have to manually download as there is no direct connections. I am downloading as Quicken with a .qfx extension. I should mention that even though I requested a 1 day download today it pulled 30 days over to the deposit side.
    >
    >> On Jan 13, 2018, at 11:28 AM, Ethan <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >>

4. 4 Posted by sth on 18 Jan, 2018 10:28 PM

Some odd banks change the sign of transactions.... The problem is the qfx files are are non-standard quicken format and everyone does it differently. I am not sure how to resolve this other than trying to get your bank to export consistently with everyone else.

5. System closed this discussion on 19 Apr, 2018 10:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac