I can't get Moneydance to load

Andrew Buckley

13 Jan, 2018 03:09 PM

I have a copy of Moneydance on my Mac. I have just got a new work laptop and I wanted to run moneydance on that.

The laptop is currently running windows 7 because my firm has some legacy software specially created for us (essentially a practice management system for solicitors).

I've tried to run moneydance 2012.5 (which is the version I have a licence for). It appears to install correctly but when I click on the application in the taskbar or in programs, it thinks about it for a minute and then doesn't open.

I thought it might be because it's old software and have tried the 2017 version - I don't mind buying a new licence - but have exactly the same problem.

I've tried uninstalling the software using the moneydance uninstaller, and the downloading and reinstalling again. I get the same problem.

Any ideas please?

Thanks
Andrew Buckley

1. 1 Posted by Andrew Buckley on 13 Jan, 2018 03:11 PM

I should have said that the software is still running just fine on the Mac, but I want it to run on the Windows laptop, and am unable to do so.

2. 2 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Jan, 2018 03:28 PM

I am not support staff, just a user.

I run Moneydance on two computers, one windows 7 the other windows 10. If the desktop icom is not available try running Moneydanc.exe in the path C:\Program Files\Moneydance\
    Did you install the correct windows version for your computer? 32bit or 64bit?

Hope this helps.

3. System closed this discussion on 14 Apr, 2018 03:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac