Marking cleared transactions--irritating bug

Kevin Gable

13 Jan, 2018 05:05 AM

This has been present since at least Moneydance 2015 and exists in 2017.6 (Linux).
If I enter a transaction, and then select the entry and mark it Cleared (right-click, select "Cleared"), the entire entry is blanked and set to $0.00.
If I select more than one transaction to clear, no problem.
If I hit the "Clear" entry before completing the entry, no problem.
Only happens if I enter the transaction and then try to clear the last one. I believe if I close Moneydance and reopen it, I cal clear the transaction OK. Since I'm aware of the bug I avoid it, but it seems to me this is an undesirable behavior (yeah, "Doctor, it hurts when I do this." "Then don't do that.").

1. 1 Posted by derekkent23 on 13 Jan, 2018 09:08 AM

I can confirm the same sort of thing happens when using windows. After hitting Enter with the transaction line still highlighted clicking right mouse button and selecting “Mark as Cleared” results in all data for that transaction being lost. Currently using 2017.7(1661).

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac