program files

Richard Hedlind

11 Jan, 2018 09:56 PM

I need to understand why when I install MD in an encrypted drive why aren't all the directories and file loaded in that drive? The following are always loaded on the OS driver which is unencrypted in the user directory (.moneydance): archive, docments, fmodules, config.dict and errlog? . The one that gives me the concern is documents which contains the current data set. Is there a way to install so that these directories and files can be loaded in the encrypted drive or at least the documents. I select the destination location and point it to the encrypted drive and a number of directories and files are installed there.

I'm retired from the IT security environment and protect my info to great lengths this is why I provide the up most encryption to my personal info. FYI I do currently encrypt the PF file however I would prefer that it reside under quad custody with no encryption markers present.

I have also attached the config and errlog files

OS Windows 10
MD 2017.6 (1656)

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 11 Jan, 2018 10:11 PM

Moneydance creates default locations under your home directory when it is installed.

Some files need to remain there like the configuration file and loaded extensions. There is nothing particularly confidential in these files however, your data files you can move to anywhere on your system that you like.

TiK have provided the following guide to moving data files:

http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/file-locations-and-changes/moving-f...

Moneydance encrypts the data files by default so that only moneydance can read them and if you like you can also use your own password on these files so they cannot be opened unless you supply the password. If you use online banking you must supply your own password in order for bank site passwords to be stored in the data file.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac