Reminders

cranesbill

11 Jan, 2018 02:58 PM

I am running Moneydance version 2017.5 (a639) on Windows 10.

I use reminders extensively and they seem to work OK except one that has a weekly entry. All my reminders are set to enter themselves 90 days ahead automatically.

This particular one either does not appear at all, in which case my bank balance shows some worryingly low figures or does appear but in the cash account. It has also just started a new variation by putting some entries in the cash account and some in the bank account I tried deleting it and using a different name for it and it has just reverted to its original name and again shown as a deposit in the cash account.

As an additional bit of fun, it is 'forgetting' entries I have made individually in the bank account.

As well as doubling up (or trebling up) on my work, it is becoming so unreliable that I am having to double check everything

I tried deleting the reminder and also the wrong entries but not re-instating the entries it had 'forgotten' and it still put the reminder back in with most of the entries going to the cash account and one to the bank account. .

1. 1 Posted by sth on 11 Jan, 2018 08:51 PM

Well first try the latest release which is 2017.6.
    But are you hosting your file on a network drive or shared folder? Do you sync with another system? It seems that having a reminder reappear is really odd.

2. 2 Posted by cranesbill on 12 Jan, 2018 11:24 AM

Thanks for this

_____

Sent: 11 January 2018 20:52
    To: [email blocked]
    Subject: Re: Reminders [Problems #41249]

// Thanks for this. I was trying to sync with the same release on another computer. Sorry, 'hosting my file on a network drive or
    shared folder' is too technical for me. However, I have marked both files to don't sync. I have opened main file, reinstated all my
    entries, closed and re-opened again and they are all there so I will work only from one file on one computer.

The only reason I had it on two computers was because I had tried to sync it with the app on my Samsung android phone and couldn't
    get that to work. However, the small use I would make of that is not worth the risk of this happening again.

Now going to see how to get the latest release. Please reply above this line

3. 3 Posted by sth on 12 Jan, 2018 11:01 PM

I think I see the problem. You can't set two computers to sync as primary sources. You set one computer to sync as the primary. Then on the secondary computer you open a new file as the sync to the folder.

See the info on setting this up:
    http://help.infinitekind.com/kb/syncing-and-sharing-data/syncing-wi...

Do NOT copy the data file to the second computer and try to create two primary computers.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac