Reports

Robert Graham

14 Dec, 2017 09:34 PM

My memorized reports alway lose their settings and return to the default settings
Perhaps I'm using the wrong reports, I need to separate and display specific categories for my accountant, utilities:Electric for example.
I'm trying to use Cash Flow and Cash Flow detail but all the reports I memorize return to the defaults when I open "edit" or select them from the bar.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 14 Dec, 2017 11:29 PM

Hi Robert,

For Memorized reports:
    Open the Memorized report from the left side bar.
    Set the report's parameters the way you want them. Click OK (to close the parameters window)
    Click Edit > OK (To open and close the parameters window without making any changes)
    Click Memorize > Update > OK

For non-memorized reports:
    Set the report's parameters the way you want them. Click OK (to close the parameters window)
    Click Edit > OK (To open and close the parameters window without making any changes)

Try using either of the Income & Expenses Reports.
    When setting the parameters, click the 'Reset' button first.
    Look to the buttons along the top of the large box.
    Click the 'None' button, then the 'By Individual' button.

You can then select the desired category(s) to report on.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by Robert on 26 Feb, 2018 09:18 PM

Hi Kevin, no matter what I do when I click on a memorized report in the sidebar the report comes up with the defaults, this year, all accounts,
    I've tried creating and memorizing them from the memorized reports window. Same, every time I need a report I have to re-write the report.

Next issue is some sub categories not showing in the report.

I'm used to handling data queries, sure wish I could do that here. But even the exports are wrong, all the dates are wrong and each column is the same date, can't try it now, ever since I upgraded my mac to the most current operating system any attempt to access a file results in the program closing, yes I report.

Thanks for your response

Robert

3. 3 Posted by sth on 27 Feb, 2018 03:22 AM

You need to update MD to the 2017.6 version in the downloads section. Earlier versions do cause crashes when opening a file choser window. This is specific to the latest Mac OS.

4. System closed this discussion on 29 May, 2018 03:30 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac