Download to Amex is not possible?

Deborah Luzt

07 Dec, 2017 11:43 PM

Please advise.

Thanks!

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 08 Dec, 2017 11:24 AM

Hi Deborah,

You should be able to connect with your Amex account. Have you tried using the connection listed in Moneydance as 'American Express'? If this isn't working for you, can you let me know what version of Moneydance you are using? You can check this within Moneydance by navigating to Moneydance --> About Moneydance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Deborah Lutz on 08 Dec, 2017 01:22 PM

Hi Ian,

I have. Evidently I need a pin. I’ll call again and hope to get someone
    this time who knows what that is.

Any more information on a pin would be helpful!

Many thanks,

Deborah

3. 3 Posted by sth on 08 Dec, 2017 05:33 PM

Deborah, can you log into their on-line account management? It is the same username and password that they use for the on-line credit card access.

4. 4 Posted by Paul on 13 Feb, 2018 05:36 PM

I am having the same problem. AMEX transactions were downloading okay until recently. I deleted the online account and re-entered using the Moneydance connection to American Express. It still doesn't work. I am using Moneydance 2017.6 and Mac OS 10.13.3

5. 5 Posted by sth on 14 Feb, 2018 03:19 PM

How recently were they working? Did you update either MD or your OS more recently? I am using an older OS but AMEX downloads were working for me on 2/12.

Open the Help->Console Log and scroll through it until you find it trying to update the AMEX account. See if any errors are shown.

This is an AMEX credit card, not AMEX bank I assume? Is that right?

6. 6 Posted by Paul on 14 Feb, 2018 04:22 PM

Yes, American Express (AMEX) credit card.

My guess is that it stopped syncing sometime last month based on transactions that were not in MD. I had changed the password with AMEX but the updated password is now in MD. I completely deleted the AMEX link and re-entered it. When I try to download transactions the bottom of the window says Downloading Transactions, downloaded zero transactions. That seems to tell me the account and password info are correct.

7. 7 Posted by sth on 14 Feb, 2018 09:18 PM

Well AMEX worked for me today. As I said look at the console log not the status window since there is so much more info in there.

Further, it successfully logged into AMEX and just found no new transactions. Possibly you had your card number changed recently?

8. 8 Posted by Deborah Lutz on 14 Feb, 2018 09:26 PM

Ah, the card number has changed. Thanks very much!

9. System closed this discussion on 16 May, 2018 09:30 PM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac