Reports don't print

Roy

07 Dec, 2017 04:34 AM

I recently converted from Quicken Essentials and I'm pleased with how easy the conversion was and how easy Moneydance is to use. I do have one problem. When I create a report and then click on "Print", nothing happens. I also then can't quit the program and have to Force Quit. Is there some Report set up process that I need to do?

Thank you.

1. 1 Posted by dwg on 07 Dec, 2017 04:49 AM

What version of OSX are you using and what version of moneydance (incl build number)?

2. 2 Posted by Roy D Conley on 07 Dec, 2017 05:32 AM

On Dec 6, 2017, at 9:50 PM, dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:

OSX 10.12.6, Moneydance 2017.5 (1639)
    ================================================== 

What version of OSX are you using and what version of moneydance (incl build number)?

On Wed, Dec 06 at 08:34 PM PST, Roy wrote:

I recently converted from Quicken Essentials and I'm pleased with how easy the conversion was and how easy Moneydance is to use. I do have one problem. When I create a report and then click on "Print", nothing happens. I also then can't quit the program and have to Force Quit. Is there some Report set up process that I need to do?

Thank you.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Reports don't print.

Reply with #ignore to stop receiving notifications for this discussion.

3. 3 Posted by dwg on 07 Dec, 2017 06:13 AM

That explains why you are having problems.

The latter versions of Sierra 10.12.x introduced problems with printing from certain applications, the workaround at the time with reports was to save them as html files and print them using your browser/word processor etc.

Apple corrected the problem in High Sierra 10.13.

So the best long term solution is to upgrade the OS, but because of a couple of issues in High Sierra you need to also use the latest Moneydance preview version 2017.6 build 1653. This is available from:

http://infinitekind.com/preview

4. 4 Posted by Roy D Conley on 07 Dec, 2017 04:45 PM

> On Dec 6, 2017, at 11:13 PM, dwg <[email blocked]> wrote:
    >
    > Thanks for the explanation. I was using the “Copy to Clipboard” function and then pasting into a Word document. Since I don’t need reports very often, I will continue to do that. Moving to the next version of the OS can introduce it’s own problems. I’ll put that off for now. Perhaps until there is a “non-preview” version of Moneydance that supports it.
    >
    > In any case, I really like Moneydance and I’m glad I found it.
    > ==================================================
    >
    > From: dwg
    >
    > That explains why you are having problems.
    >
    > The latter versions of Sierra 10.12.x introduced problems with printing from certain applications, the workaround at the time with reports was to save them as html files and print them using your browser/word processor etc.
    >
    > Apple corrected the problem in High Sierra 10.13.
    >
    > So the best long term solution is to upgrade the OS, but because of a couple of issues in High Sierra you need to also use the latest Moneydance preview version 2017.6 build 1653. This is available from:
    >
    > http://infinitekind.com/preview <http://infinitekind.com/preview>
    > On Wed, Dec 06 at 09:32 PM PST, Roy D Conley wrote:
    >
    >
    >> On Dec 6, 2017, at 9:50 PM, dwg <[email blocked] <x-msg://1/***@***>> wrote:
    >>
    >> OSX 10.12.6, Moneydance 2017.5 (1639)

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

17 Dec, 2017 03:37 PM
17 Dec, 2017 03:21 PM
17 Dec, 2017 03:05 PM