Slower than Molases

John Sumnicht

18 Oct, 2017 10:59 PM

It takes f-o-r-e-v-e-r to open the program and even the smallest command bogs the system down. This is the wonkiest program I have ever worked with.

1. 1 Posted by -Kevin N. on 19 Oct, 2017 01:23 AM

Hi John,

Look to see if you have the Moneydance Updater Extension installed. If so, try uninstalling it to see if it helps. It's been reported to run interference when starting the program.

-Kevin N. (not a member of MD support)

2. 2 Posted by John -SBC on 19 Oct, 2017 02:06 AM

I tried to uninstall and reinstall and now it doesn't open at all.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 20 Oct, 2017 12:12 PM

Hi John,

Sorry to hear of the poor performance you have experienced while using Moneydance. Can you send me your errlog.txt file? This should highlight anything odd occurring on your system that could explain this issue. As you're using Windows, it should be located at:

C:\Users\(yourusername)\.moneydance\errlog.txt

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by John -SBC on 21 Oct, 2017 10:56 PM

Ian,

I do not have an errlog file and the program just won't open. I uninstalled and reinstalled to no avail. The program is useless to me.

Sent from my iPhone

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ian O on 23 Oct, 2017 10:04 AM

Hi John,

Are you using the 32-bit or 64-bit installer for Moneydance? If you are attempting to run the 64-bit version of a 32-bit system, this may explain why Moneydance is failing to open. If you are using a 64-bit system, it may be worth trying the 32-bit version as this should work on bot 32 and 64-bit systems. You can download the 32-bit installer from here.

If this still doesn't allow you to successfully open the application, please let me know and we can troubleshoot further.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac