MoneyDance 2017 V.

Frank Manley

11 Oct, 2017 04:48 PM

I have used MoneyDance on my iMac's for 10 years and have not had any major issues. However, I just bought a new iMac (Sierra) and transferred my older version of MoneyDance to my new computer and downloaded the latest version (2017) of MoneyDance. I have run into a problem regarding this new version. I can see that all of my old check history populated in this version but when I try to print a check, the program freezes up and goes nowhere and I have to Force Quit to close it. If you can help me out with this problem, I will continue using your product, however, if you do not or cannot help me I will have to notify American Express to void the purchase. Thank you. (2 items uploaded)

F. Manley

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 11 Oct, 2017 06:30 PM

Hi Frank,

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you've encountered. Unfortunately we are aware of an issue with printing when using OS Sierra.

Apple have made a change at their end, which has helped to resolve the sandbox issues when using High Sierra (OS X 10.13) which available as a free upgrade.

By upgrading to High Sierra, this should resolve all printing capabilities and functions.

We are still continuing to work on a fix for those using Sierra 10.12. We are hopeful that Apple will also release an update for this OS, with the same fix they have applied in High Sierra 10.13.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 10 Jan, 2018 06:30 PM.

3. Frank Manley re-opened this discussion on 05 May, 2018 05:24 PM

4. 2 Posted by Frank Manley on 05 May, 2018 05:24 PM

Hello,

I purchased the Moneydance 2017 issue in October last year (purchase receipt attached). At the same time this purchase was made, I also bought an iMac desktop computer, that would have been the OS Sierra version. Since that time up until I have not been able to print any checks due to a freeze up when the check is selected and the print option is activated. I communicated with a gentlemen name Henry in support (email attached) regarding this issue and was told that your company has had no issues with printing on OS Sierra and suggested that I upgrade to High Sierra, which I do not wish to do that upgrade. Shortly after I bought your app, I received a screen message that I needed to purchase Moneydance, and referred to my use was on a trial basis even though I had already paid for it. Therefore I need your help to get this program up and running or else my money returned. I have been a long time customer and would desire to continue using your product. I await to hear from you for a solution.

Kindest Regards,

Frank Manley

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 06 May, 2018 01:22 PM

Hi Frank,

Thank you for contacting us.
    We currently don't have a solution for printing with macOS Sierra besides the upgrade to High Sierra, I am very sorry to write this.

I checked your purchase history and it looks like your purchase was refunded on the 30th of October 2017.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

6. 4 Posted by Frank Manley on 06 May, 2018 03:23 PM

Thanks for your help Henry. I will repurchase.

7. Henry closed this discussion on 07 May, 2018 11:28 AM.

8. Frank Manley re-opened this discussion on 08 May, 2018 03:24 AM

9. 5 Posted by Frank Manley on 08 May, 2018 03:24 AM

Hi Henry,

I finally got Moneydance up and running yesterday and printed some checks. Today I open it up and find that the print option is no longer there, disappeared. Not sure what happened but I need your help in how to reinstate the printing. I have attached a screen shot of what I’m seeing. Thank you for your help.

10. Support Staff 6 Posted by Henry on 08 May, 2018 12:27 PM

I'm glad to see that your up and running.
    The print button is located within reports, when you are in a account register you can either click on File in the menu bar and select the print option or use the keyboard shortcut SHIFT + CMD + P

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

11. 7 Posted by Frank Manley on 08 May, 2018 02:18 PM

Good morning Henry, thank you for your response. Unfortunately, I think I have a bigger problem. The suggesting you made, I tried but the problem is, it does not work because it’s missing that part of the program. In fact I have years of backed up Moneydance versions on two other older computers and very strangly those backups have also been blocked from the print option. These are older versions that I have been using recently to print my checks until I reached a certain point at which it was locked down. I have attached a screen shot to show you what is no longer available. If you look at screen shot #1, you will see what is missing on my Moneydance, this is the print option which just two days ago I was able to print my checks and overnight it no longer was there. It’s like somebody flipped a switch. Attachment #2 is the screen shot I sent before and have circled the column where the missing print option should be, but the only thing that’s available is the “Check #”. So when I attempt to go to the File dropdown and select “Print Checks” the message is “No Checks Need To Be Printed”. Thank you Henry, hopefully you have some ideas on what is going on.

Regards,

Frank Manley

12. Support Staff 8 Posted by Henry on 09 May, 2018 11:02 AM

Thank you for the screenshots.
    Try the following, click on Summary in the side bar on the left side, then click on Accounts > Edit accounts and this will open the same window as in your Attachment 1, if the {print} is missing there, click on the '+' sign next to the Check# items and select the 'To-be-printed mark' and click ok.

This should recreate the same setup as before.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• Screen_Shot_2017-10-11_at_9.36.26_AM.png 98.7 KB
  • Screen_Shot_2017-10-11_at_9.22.42_AM.png 45 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac