Income and Expense Rounding into the Millions

k.b.fillinger

18 Aug, 2017 02:36 AM

On my income and expense reporting, the reports are adding an extra three zeroes to the actual amounts. Instead of $1000 for instance, it will round it to 1,000,000.

I must have clicked or set something wrong, but I cannot seem to find a preference or setting that would cause this behavior. Any ideas?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 18 Aug, 2017 02:31 PM

Hi,

Thank you for contacting us.
    Is the unusual value present only in the totals?
    The reason for this question is that it's possible that the base currency for the report might be set to the wrong currency.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by k.b.fillinger on 18 Aug, 2017 03:50 PM

Thank you for the reply. The unusual amounts is only in the totals of the reports. All of the entries for the account are tallied correct and showing correctly.

Sent from my iPhone

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Henry on 18 Aug, 2017 04:02 PM

Thank you for the additional details, now I'm sure it must be related to the currency.
    To fix this you need to select the report you are trying to view from the side bar, once selected navigate to Tools > Currency and select the correct currency and click on "Set Base Currency"

After all is confirmed you may need to select a different report before selecting the desired report to push a change.

Please let me know how it goes.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by k.b.fillinger on 18 Aug, 2017 06:22 PM

Thank you very much Henry. You were 100% correct.

I went to Tools - Currencies, and found that on the USD, I had somehow changed the rate from 1 to a decimal of one. Once I removed that, everything returned to normal. Very much appreciated on the help!

~Brock

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Henry on 19 Aug, 2017 04:24 AM

Hi Brock,

No problem, glad to hear everything is working! Also thank you for explaining the steps you used after you found the currency, they will be helpful for others. I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Henry closed this discussion on 19 Aug, 2017 04:24 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac