MoneyDance and a new PC

Chris Harper

13 Aug, 2017 09:59 AM

Hello,
I have just installed MoneyDance 2017 on a new PC. I used 'Restore from Backup' and my latest DropBox Archive to import my data. I then updated all the accounts on MoneyDance on the new PC. Unfortunately, I did not notice that the new PC was using "Personal Finance 2" as the base. The base on my laptop is "Personal Finance". The figures on my PC are now correct - but not syncing with the laptop - or my iPad for that matter. Can you help please?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 13 Aug, 2017 11:34 AM

Hi Chris,

Thank you for contacting us.
    If the new computer is going to be your main computer then I suggest changing the name of the new data file on your new computer to Personal finance.

Once that is done you'll have to reset syncing on your old computer
    This will involve disabling the current sync settings, deleting all trace of the sync from Dropbox, then setting up again from scratch -

1. First disable Dropbox syncing in Moneydance(old computer) via File --> Syncing, then close Moneydance.
    2. Using the Dropbox app or website interface, delete the .moneydancesync folder in your Dropbox folder.
    3. Sign out of Dropbox syncing on the Moneydance app on your mobile device.

If you have any un-synced transactions on your mobile devices then this process will delete any transactions not stored in the main data set. You'll want to manually enter any transactions like this before following the steps.

Then create enable syncing by following this article here.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. System closed this discussion on 12 Nov, 2017 11:40 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac