Transactions across all accounts (Editable, not report)

Gennario Veltaine

21 Jul, 2017 12:49 AM

Hello All,

I am currently using Moneydance 2017, (1612) and am trying to figure out how to fix transactions that may have been erroneously entered in the system. What I would like to do is have them all laid out in the general journal but not cut off by accounts. There is an expense and income report detailed that can do this, but I can't change anything there and a few of my transactions I'm having a hard time finding, especially when I'm searching through 18 months of history.

YNAB does this really easily with the touch of a button, "all accounts" and lets you see everything all mashed into one screen.

Will this be a feature looked into for future versions or is there a method of doing this that I'm missing, other than manually doing it myself instead of having it organized nicely.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 21 Jul, 2017 12:07 PM

Hi Gennario,

Thank you for contacting us.
    Have you tried the Transaction or Transaction Filter report?
    In it you can select all dates and all accounts. Once the report is open you can click on any transaction and it will open the other side of it in the register.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by Gennario Veltai... on 21 Jul, 2017 04:24 PM

Hey Henry,

I haven't and this isn't quite it, but this is a neat function I admittedly didn't see. Thank you for pointing this out, now to find a way to favorite this report so I can find it faster. I appreciate the time!

Best Regards

3. 3 Posted by Gennario Veltai... on 21 Jul, 2017 10:33 PM

As an addendum to those that find this. The feature works pretty well, but what is even easier and I didn't notice it.

1. Hit Summary Button
    2. Use search bar to find categories you want to sift through.

By using the summary category rather than clicking on a specific account will allow you to see every transaction from every account on one general ledger.

This is more of what I wanted and hopefully these 2 different options can help others that were scratching their head on how to do this as much as I have.

Thanks again!

4. 4 Posted by dwg on 21 Jul, 2017 10:59 PM

The Find and Replace extension may be something you find useful as well, install it using the Extensions menu.

5. 5 Posted by Gennario Veltai... on 20 Aug, 2017 12:37 AM

Thank you for the recommendation I'll look into it!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac