upgrade to MD 2017

david_fuller

14 Jul, 2017 08:17 PM

I am running MD 2015, and just downloaded the upgrade to 2017.

My registration is B324720-10343B9E

When I opened up 2017, it asked for my p/w to open my file, but the About page shows that this app is unregistered.

What gives?

David

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Henry on 14 Jul, 2017 10:24 PM

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us,
    you'll need to enter your license key to "unlock" the trial limitations. To do so, go to the Help menu and select the "Register Moneydance" option and copy and paste your license key and you'll be all set.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by david_fuller on 15 Jul, 2017 11:58 AM

thanks, Henry.

I copied my key from from the 2015, and pasted it into the registration field on the 2017, and got the following error: "The license key that you entered is incorrect. Please try again." (see attached screen grab)

Other details: Version 2015.3 (1175)

now what?

Thanks,
    David

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 15 Jul, 2017 12:03 PM

Hi David,

I've checked our records using your email address and have located a purchase of Moneydance 2014. When you purchase Moneydance, you're always entitled to the next version for free. Your license key is valid with Moneydance 2014 and Moneydance 2015. Both these versions can be downloaded from here, and you can use your current license key to register the program.

If you'd like to upgrade to the latest version, Moneydance 2017, you can enter your current license key into the 'Upgrading?' box on this page to redeem a 50% discount against the upgrade cost.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. 4 Posted by david_fuller on 15 Jul, 2017 09:34 PM

OK, I finally understand! thanks! upgrade purchased with discount, and I'm happy again.

5. Support Staff 5 Posted by Ian O on 17 Jul, 2017 08:35 AM

No problem David, glad to hear everything is working! I'll close this discussion for now, but don't hesitate to get back in touch if you have further questions or need any assistance.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

6. Ian O closed this discussion on 17 Jul, 2017 08:35 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac