Moneydance app

Jerry

12 Jul, 2017 06:25 PM

The app is completely wrecked. I have been using it for many years and now all of my accounts are screwed up. Transfers show either positive in both accounts or negative in both accounts. Are you guys working on a fix? Or is Moneydance dead?

1. 1 Posted by Dwayne Bender on 12 Jul, 2017 06:57 PM

Having same issue. Your now the third to report this today.

They have gone quite on this topic though. See other thread Going Haywire

2. Support Staff 2 Posted by Henry on 13 Jul, 2017 12:00 AM

Hi Jerry and Dwayne,

I apologise for the issue you are both facing.
    Can you please check if you have the latest version of the App installed as an update was released recently.
    Next can you try upgrading to the latest preview release of Moneydance from here:

https://infinitekind.com/preview

as it adds changes to mobile syncing.

Once that is done you'll need to perform an additional reset.
    This will involve disabling the current sync settings, deleting all trace of the sync from Dropbox, then setting up again from scratch -

1. First disable Dropbox syncing in Moneydance via File --> Syncing, then close Moneydance.
    2. Using the Dropbox app or website interface, delete the .moneydancesync folder in your Dropbox folder.
    3. Then re-open Moneydance and re-enable Dropbox syncing via File --> Syncing.
    4. Sign out of Dropbox syncing on the Moneydance app on your mobile device and reconnect.

If you have any un-synced transactions on your mobile devices then this process will delete any transactions not stored in the main data set. You'll want to manually enter any transactions like this before following the steps.

Henry
    Infinite Kind Support

3. 3 Posted by rydercowan on 13 Jul, 2017 09:57 AM

I reported the same problem on 8 July in a post entitled 'Syncing problems with build 1623'. I made it private as I attached several screenshots of my accounts to demonstrate the problem. In addition to the problem with transfers having the same sign in both transferring and receiving accounts there is something very wrong with account running balances.
    Before posting I made sure I had the latest version of the app and the latest build of Moneydance, and went through the process of clearing all sync settings and the Dropbox files, but the problem remained.
    I've had no response at all to my post, which is disappointing.

4. Support Staff 4 Posted by Ian O on 13 Jul, 2017 11:28 AM

Hi All,

Sorry to hear of the issues you have all encountered while syncing with the mobile app. I have been in contact with the lead developer regarding this and he has confirmed the following issues in the current version of the Android app.

1) Updates made on any iOS devices don't show up on an Android until the desktop app syncs.

2) Transfers between accounts seem to have the wrong sign in the "other side" account.

Our lead developer is currently working to get these issues resolved, I’ll notify you as soon as I have an update.

@Dwayne, I believe you are using the iOS version of the mobile app and have another open discussion where these issues are being addressed.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

5. 5 Posted by Dwayne Bender on 13 Jul, 2017 12:59 PM

Ian I am actually using the Andoid version.

My PC based version, which is on a Mac, is working perfect. Checked it last night.
    So for now it is the mobile app that is giving me issues. Hopefully you guys can get it corrected quickly as I really enjoy using your software.

6. 6 Posted by Darrel Fletcher on 13 Jul, 2017 01:04 PM

likewise, really looking forward to the Android app fix. desktop version still working well, but its very helpful to add transactions on the go

7. 7 Posted by TonyRI on 14 Jul, 2017 10:05 AM

DItto. Version 2017.4 (1623) works fine on my Windows 10 PC. However, the Android mobile app Version 1.11 entries will add a debit to credit card transfers from checking on both devices (whereas the same entries made from my desktop will maintain the proper balance on mobile app and have the wrong sign in the "other side" account).

Additionally, there are extraneous descriptions and amounts on multiple transactions (all the same).

I've reset the sync connection and uninstalled and reinstalled the mobile app, but the problem continues. I had reported this through the feedback section of the mobile app as well.

8. 8 Posted by rydercowan on 14 Jul, 2017 01:37 PM

While we wait for a fixed version of the Android app I've located version 1.10, which works fine. You need to uninstall version 1.11 before installing 1.10, then re-enter details for syncing. Copy of the 1.10 apk file attached.

9. 9 Posted by RobS on 14 Jul, 2017 06:26 PM

@rydercowan, great work! I'm back in business. Now why couldn't IK have offered us this as a fix until the new version is corrected :-)

10. 10 Posted by douglas on 14 Jul, 2017 09:06 PM

thanks 1.10 appears to be working for me ,

11. 11 Posted by vjcskid on 15 Jul, 2017 12:34 AM

1.1 is working now for me. Thanks for posting the link to the older version.

12. 12 Posted by TonyRI on 15 Jul, 2017 10:35 AM

Thanks Ryder! :)

13. 13 Posted by RobS on 16 Jul, 2017 09:36 AM

Just a word of warning...

Make sure your phone isn't set to allow auto updates.

I opened the Moneydance app this morning to find the balances all wrong again, and when I checked, I was back on v1.11

RobS

14. 14 Posted by rydercowan on 17 Jul, 2017 03:28 PM

The version released today, 1.12, has not fixed the syncing or running balance problems introduced in version 1.11. Very disappointing. I'm back with 1.10.

15. 15 Posted by udprdjm on 17 Jul, 2017 03:39 PM

On android store it's still 1,11 are you sure you tried 1,12 ? As surely
    why would they release a new version of the broken app ? That's pointless .

16. 16 Posted by rydercowan on 17 Jul, 2017 03:43 PM

On my version of Android Store it's showing an update to 1.12 as of about 20 minutes ago.

17. 17 Posted by rydercowan on 17 Jul, 2017 04:37 PM

Version 1.13 now released. So far, so good.

18. 18 Posted by udprdjm on 17 Jul, 2017 05:32 PM

That's good , will give it a few days before I try it again

19. 19 Posted by RobS on 17 Jul, 2017 06:26 PM

The store says it is v1.12 but following Sean's message, I downloaded it and it is indeed 1.13 and it looks spot on.

Thanks Sean!

20. 20 Posted by TonyRI on 17 Jul, 2017 08:55 PM

Totally agree Rob. Version 1.13 seems to have addressed everything that the OP and others referred to. I really like the newly updated "Edit Transaction" interface as well.

Thanks again Sean!

21. 21 Posted by vjcskid on 17 Jul, 2017 11:13 PM

Just updated and it appears the 1.13 version fixed my issues.

22. 22 Posted by garyjprovis on 18 Jul, 2017 05:29 PM

Since the latest iPhone app update (July 17) as soon as I try to enter a description the app crashes. Please can you fix ASAP
    Thanks
    Gary

23. Support Staff 23 Posted by Ian O on 19 Jul, 2017 01:27 PM

Hi Gary,

Sorry to hear about the problems you've encountered with the iOS Moneydance app. Our lead developer has found the cause of the issue, and made a change to prevent the crash. As soon as the newer version has been reviewed by the App Store, this will be available for you to update the mobile app. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience this has caused.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

24. 24 Posted by garyjprovis on 19 Jul, 2017 04:22 PM

HimIan,
    Many thanks for the feedback, glad to hear it's an "easy" fix! 
    All the best

Gary

Out and about so limited access.

25. 25 Posted by garyjprovis on 23 Jul, 2017 09:43 AM

Hi Ian,
    Excellent service! Many thanks for the help.
    All the best

Gary

Out and about so limited access.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac