stock prices not updating

David

16 Apr, 2017 09:51 PM

Still having this problem. I have Q&ER installed and it does not indicate any problems in the advanced window. This has worked in the past but not since December.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by -Kevin N. on 24 Apr, 2017 03:59 PM

Hi bossie88,

Is is possible for me to go back to v78 until this issue is resolved?

v.78 is still available on the 'Extensions' website. (Make sure to click the '2014 & Older' tab.)
    http://infinitekind.com/extensions

HTH -Kevin N.

2. 32 Posted by -Kevin N. on 24 Apr, 2017 04:15 PM

Hi bossie88,

Scratch that. v.78 is not available on the 'Extensions' website. It only looks like it is.

Sorry about that.

-Kevin N.

3. Support Staff 33 Posted by Sean Reilly on 24 Apr, 2017 05:19 PM

I've just adjusted v78 to account for that error and attach build 81 which I believe should fix it. Can anyone with an older version of Moneydance give it a try and let me know if it solves the problem for you?

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

4. 34 Posted by -Kevin N. on 24 Apr, 2017 05:52 PM

Hi Sean,

MD 2011r2+ (808)
    Q&ER updater v.81 Historical Prices-Yahoo USA, Current Prices-Yahoo USA
    Win 7 Home

v.81 is throwing the same error as v.79. :(

-Kevin N.

5. 35 Posted by bosie88 on 24 Apr, 2017 06:26 PM

Hi Sean - I tried v.81 with MD2010r3 and I am getting the same java security certificate error. The error also appears with the current version of v79 posted on the extensions webpage.

In the meantime, would it be possible to re-post v78 as it existed until today so that users of older versions of Moneydance can at least be able to get the current quotes?

6. 36 Posted by -Kevin N. on 24 Apr, 2017 08:39 PM

Hi bosie88,

I have a v.74 of the Q&ER updater that you're welcome to..

Safe computing 101 dictates that you scan the file for viruses.

-Kevin N.
    (not a member of MD support)

7. 37 Posted by edfix on 25 Apr, 2017 03:06 AM

Sorry if this repeats--I've been having trouble getting my profile established.

I am using Version 2008r3 (631) and having the same problem. I tried installing the pre-2015 yahooqt.mxt, but doesn't work.

Any chance of getting a yahooqy.mxt I can use?

8. 38 Posted by j.girouard on 25 Apr, 2017 12:48 PM

Hi Sean,

I am running MD 2012.5 on a Mac, installed the extension and here's what happens:

- When I update the stock prices, I can see the new prices OK

- The prices shown on the home page are the old ones.

9. 39 Posted by Mke Jacksoni on 25 Apr, 2017 01:07 PM

I downloaded the .mxt file posted by Sean Reilly on19/4/17 and updated the Q and E extension. I have MD 2015 and look to update quotes from Yahoo finance UK
    The Q and E extension still does not update quotes although historical data is now updated. Using Test I get the following message when the extension eventually works through the updates
    "Historical prices successfully downloaded: 5 Current Quote - eventually timed out

10. 40 Posted by bosie88 on 25 Apr, 2017 03:07 PM

Hi Kevin N. - Thanks for posting v.74 of the Q&ER extension. I installed it and have regained the ability to download current quotes. Phew!

In the meantime, Moneydance support continues to post v.79 on the extension webpage, which obviously does not work with older versions of Moneydance. They really need to repost the previous version for the affected users.

11. 41 Posted by -Kevin N. on 25 Apr, 2017 04:06 PM

Hi bossie88,

You're welcome. I'm glad to hear that it worked for you.

I'm sure that Sean & Co. are working on a fix.

-Kevin N.

12. 42 Posted by Joe LG on 25 Apr, 2017 08:38 PM

I am running 2014.5 (986) and have installed v79 from manage extensions. I have been able to successfully download stock quotes. However, I have not been able to get market index values.

13. 43 Posted by Srini on 26 Apr, 2017 12:25 PM

Sean & Co., do we have a fix for the exception error (java.security.cert.CertificateException: Untrusted Server Certificate Chain) that is being encountered for MD 2011.

Regards
    Srini

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac