Moneydance 2017 can't print reports in Mac os 10.12.4

frostibarks

03 Apr, 2017 08:17 PM

Using iMac 2013. Recently upgraded to OS 10.12.4 and Moneydance 2017.

As others have reported Moneydance goes unresponsive the instant a "print" command is touched in any of the reports. Must force quit.

I finally found your instruction to make sure "Share this printer on the network" is turned on in System Preferences. After making this adjustment I finally managed to print a report — BUT IT TOOK SIX MINUTES. During this six minute wait Moneydance was unresponsive.

Is anybody working on a fix for this?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 04 Apr, 2017 11:42 AM

Hi,

Sorry to hear of the issue you have encountered. I can confirm that we have replicated the issue described and we are currently looking into a fix. I'd like to apologise for the inconvenience caused, I understand many customer rely on the ability to print out hard copies of their reports. We hope to resolve this as quickly as possible.

There's an existing ticket in our ticketing system regarding this issue, so I've attached it to this discussion and the developers will be looking into it. You will be notified via this thread when a fix has been implemented.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by frostibarks on 04 Apr, 2017 12:04 PM

Thank you.

3. 3 Posted by Jessica Jones on 04 Apr, 2017 12:15 PM

Hi, I am having a similar problem, using MacBook Pro 2015 / OS10.12.4 / Moneydance 2015.6. I need to 'print' a PDF of my year end accounts to send to my accountant. Every time I hit the print button, Moneydance crashes.

4. 4 Posted by frostibarks on 04 Apr, 2017 12:48 PM

Until they come up with a fix, one way you can print a report is to copy it onto the clipboard, then paste it into a Numbers or Excel spreadsheet.

ceh

5. 5 Posted by jessy.jones on 04 Apr, 2017 01:17 PM

Thank you, CEH.

6. 6 Posted by eliot.nierman on 09 Apr, 2017 04:38 PM

This is not just an issue with reports (can get around that by saving report as html and opening with a browser- chrome works better than safari for that) but more importantly checks. The update does not fix the problem. If this is not fixed within the week (would be 3 weeks that Moneydance has known about the issue) I need to switch after years to another program. What is experience exporting data and opening in Quicken?

7. 7 Posted by eliot.nierman on 09 Apr, 2017 05:22 PM

There may be a temporary work around. Based on what someone else suggested if you get the rainbow spinning wheel and let it go for a few minutes (took me at least 5 minutes) my checks printed and the app became functional again. Maybe this can give support come clues as to what the issue is.

I guess I can live with that for a short time but this should be the highest priority to fix

Eliot

8. 8 Posted by frostibarks on 09 Apr, 2017 11:45 PM

I gave up on Quicken when they abandoned the Mac several years ago. Never going back.

On Apr 9, 2017, at 12:38 PM, eliot.nierman <[email blocked]> wrote:

// Please reply above this line 
    ================================================== 

This is not just an issue with reports (can get around that by saving report as html and opening with a browser- chrome works better than safari for that) but more importantly checks. The update does not fix the problem. If this is not fixed within the week (would be 3 weeks that Moneydance has known about the issue) I need to switch after years to another program. What is experience exporting data and opening in Quicken?

On Tue, Apr 04 at 06:17 AM PDT, jessy.jones wrote:

Thank you, CEH.

Having trouble reading this? View this discussion online: Moneydance 2017 can't print reports in Mac os 10.12.4.

To unsubscribe and stop receiving emails from http://help.infinitekind.com, visit this page

9. 9 Posted by Mauricio Tejeda on 14 Apr, 2017 06:23 PM

I have the same problema.. Mac OS 10.12.4 with Moneydance 2017.
    How long do I need to wait for some solution.. I really need the print function..

Even, I begin to search for other finance systems.. I do not want to change, but I this doesn't solve anything. I have to change.. Please I been user in Money Dance for years..

Regards...

10. Support Staff 10 Posted by Jenny on 15 Apr, 2017 10:54 AM

Hi all,

I’m sorry to report that we have still not resolved this issue. We released a new version of the program, build 1612, which we hoped that would resolve the problems but unfortunately this has not been the case. We are still pushing to find a resolution as quickly as we can. I can only apologise at this time but I understand that another apology is not much help to you. The moment we have a resolution I will update you with the necessary steps to get printing working again.

Jenny
    Infinite Kind Support

11. 11 Posted by Judi Kaplan on 16 Apr, 2017 03:19 PM

I am having the same problem - cannot print my Moneydance reports or anything for that matter. And I have to force quit the computer to do anything else.

12. 12 Posted by mireault on 16 Apr, 2017 11:29 PM

I'm also having the same printing problem, on an iMac and a MacBookPro. Activity Monitor shows that Moneydance uses about 3% of CPU, which is very low. This seems to indicate that it is not doing anything and it is "waiting" for some other process. Once the printing is done, CPU goes farther down to 0.02%.
    In my case, it has no impact on my other Mac activities.

13. 13 Posted by Hugh Mackenzie on 19 Apr, 2017 02:00 AM

I am having this problem with the latest version also - very inconvenient.

How do I revert to a previous version?

14. 14 Posted by Malcolm Duncan on 21 Apr, 2017 04:28 PM

I have same problem and can't print. Using CSV file to print.
    Also noticed that I can't update Memorized report to Last Fiscal year; always reverts to current Fiscal year.
    I have a Memorized report with a transaction filter that looks through selcted accounts descriptions and their corresponding tag for those named 'Interest' and with a 'taxable' tag. These sub-total by account with transactions in date order however some accounts display are in non date order. FYI. Using dd/mm/yyyy.

15. 15 Posted by jkaplan521 on 21 Apr, 2017 06:18 PM

Thank you for the info. I did print after letting the color wheel go for quite a while. Annoying

Judi

16. 16 Posted by Hugh Mackenzie on 22 Apr, 2017 02:48 AM

Please advise on how to revert to a stable version.

17. 17 Posted by Judi Kaplan on 22 Apr, 2017 01:14 PM

To Infinite Kind support,
    This printing issue should get top priority. You are right, another apology does not help.
    Please keep me informed through email.

Thanks, Judi

18. 18 Posted by nick on 25 Apr, 2017 01:13 PM

I have the exact same problem. Please let me know via email once you have a fix as I require hard copies of reports.

Regards Nick

19. 19 Posted by chris on 26 Apr, 2017 07:56 AM

To IK Support,

I ran into this problem and was quite surprised to find the magnitude of users it is affecting. I have been a happy MD user for many years and need MD to print check for both my business and personal accounts. To echo what others on the forum have said, if this isn't solved within a week, I will switch to Quicken as I know it will work.

I have been very happy with IK support staff's presence in the forums and being available. But there should be absolutely NOTHING happening at IK other than solving this problem. The fact that it is taking 3 months and users are unable to print checks is almost insane.

Will downgrading to previous version help?

Thanks for your time.

Chris

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac