MoneyDance 2017.2 Printing Completely Broken in MacOS 10.12.4 beta

joemikeb

27 Jan, 2017 07:18 PM

MacOS 10.12.4 Beta 1, Java 8 Update 121, MoneyDance 2017.2 both the App Store and Download versions. Any attempt to print and the print dialogue box appears and everything apparently works normally until the Print button is clicked, after several seconds the pinwheel appears until eventually it times out or I have to do a Force Quit. The only log entries I can find are the same repetition for each of the many trials I have performed.

Jan 26 21:01:51 Mikes-Mac-Mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX.390652[1427]): Service exited with abnormal code: 143

Showing page 5 out of 5. View the first page

1. 121 Posted by bigboy99 on 12 Aug, 2017 05:45 PM

I also applaud Sean's efforts, but agree that Moneydance may well be finished if a solution is not achieved very soon. Besides losing long time users, how many more people have purchased Moneydance this year without being aware of this long standing issue?

2. 122 Posted by mark on 12 Aug, 2017 09:00 PM

I also upgraded to Mac OS X Sierra and then quickly learned I could not print checks any longer. After reading about the issue on this Forum and emailing with Infinite Kind tech support I spent over an hour on the phone with a senior Apple tech advisor. There have been changes made to Sierra that really complicate switching back to a previous OSC like El Capitan. If the hard drive of the computer was backed up with Time Machine AFTER upgrading to Sierra, the backup is useless. The procedure for going back to El Cap is quite involved & time consuming, requiring the use of the app. Terminal. In fact, the Apple senior tech told me going back to El Cap might not resolve the check printing problem. A Moneydance tech told me the issue had to do with Java, an Oracle software. The Apple senior tech (Moneydance is available for purchase on the Apple store) told me that is incorrect and that the issue has to do with Moneydance not meeting security standards established by Apple.

I am going to give Moneydance a month to resolve this not insignificant problem and if it not resolved by then I will switch back to my previous accounting software. Moneydance, this really should be a priority. What good is an accounting software if one cannot print checks with it? Mark Weidman

3. 123 Posted by bigboy99 on 13 Aug, 2017 09:04 AM

Mark...
    No need to go back to El Capitan. I reverted back to Sierra 10.12.3 (make sure you back up EVERYTHING). This version of OS X still prints checks. I believe the issue is with how Java integrates with recent Apple security changes. That said, none of us care about the details, we just want to be informed as to the progress towards a solution.

4. 124 Posted by Bob Hovey on 15 Aug, 2017 09:17 PM

Posting comment just to make sure y'all keep me on the list for the solution announcement please !!

Bob Hovey

5. 125 Posted by david.d on 15 Aug, 2017 11:27 PM

Ditto for me. Upgraded to build 1633, resolves my Vanguard download issue, printing still a problem. I find that it times out in about 10-15 minutes, then finally brings up the system printing dialog.

They say patience is a virtue.

6. 126 Posted by bigboy99 on 16 Aug, 2017 01:28 AM

It's been six weeks since the last update from Infinite Kind. Good customer relations is another virtue.

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac