MoneyDance 2017.2 Printing Completely Broken in MacOS 10.12.4 beta

joemikeb

27 Jan, 2017 07:18 PM

MacOS 10.12.4 Beta 1, Java 8 Update 121, MoneyDance 2017.2 both the App Store and Download versions. Any attempt to print and the print dialogue box appears and everything apparently works normally until the Print button is clicked, after several seconds the pinwheel appears until eventually it times out or I have to do a Force Quit. The only log entries I can find are the same repetition for each of the many trials I have performed.

Jan 26 21:01:51 Mikes-Mac-Mini com.apple.xpc.launchd[1] (com.infinitekind.MoneydanceOSX.390652[1427]): Service exited with abnormal code: 143

Showing page 6 out of 6. View the first page

1. 151 Posted by Bob Hovey on 27 Sep, 2017 01:32 AM

Jenny IK... please give us guidance on when to update and where to get it. I have one 2014 Mac and one 2009 Mini. I'm suspecting I'll need to buy a new computer to get to 10:13, but the 2014 vintage Mini should update.

2. 152 Posted by Bob Hovey on 27 Sep, 2017 01:34 AM

sorry correction Boreham's update 6:20 PM Sept 25th

3. 153 Posted by Bob Hovey on 27 Sep, 2017 02:04 AM

Technical specifications for application of High Sierra from Apple support attached pdf. dated today. Useful to check if your machine will accept the updated OS

4. 154 Posted by Bob Hovey on 27 Sep, 2017 02:07 AM

To find the High Sierra update go Apple/app store/features and click on the colorful ads. High Sierra did not show under the "Updates" drop down for me

5. 155 Posted by sth on 27 Sep, 2017 11:10 PM

@Fred, only for those who "don't" there isn't a can't. Any machine that can run Sierra 10.12.4 (where the problem started) can run High Sierra 10.13.0 where the problem is fixed. So MD has a printing problem for versions 10.12.4 through 10.12.6. For these 3 minor releases MD will have the problem. For all else it is fixed.

I am not sure that there is the same problem for linux users which don't have the Apple Sandboxing issue. That should probably be in a different thread.

@Bob, to get the "full" installer, go to the MAS="Mac App Store" and search for "High Sierra" in the "Featured" tab. Download and install, it is not listed in the list of updates since it is a new major version. Usually there is a big banner on the Updates tab that suggests installing a new major version.

6. 156 Posted by Fred Dalzell on 28 Sep, 2017 03:04 PM

@sth - I understand. I only just updated to Sierra a couple of weeks ago due to the various issues with other software. I have no intention of updating until at least .3 of High Sierra. So, while the hardware may be capable, the software may not be.

Fred

7. 157 Posted by bigboy99 on 28 Sep, 2017 09:38 PM

@sth

Nice flame job. Who peed in your Cheerios? Are you another bully with a keyboard?

There are 6,939 Mac apps available at the App Store, and your post of a “couple of other Apps that had the same issue” is in fact, still virtually zero. Well, to be fair it’s .029%. Is that close enough to zero for you?

As it turns out, as I stated and you just repeated, the issue was in fact with IK’s software, namely Moneydance. I do not recall assigning blame to Apple, Oracle, or Infinite Kind. I merely pointed out that the software I purchased (and that they were still selling) would not function as advertised.

None of the blog followers ever had a real idea as to what the problem was because of the lack of transparency coming from Infinite Kind.

You called me on this weeks ago, and I thought my response at that time was adequate. Apple changed their sandbox security parameters, creating a problem for apps that rely on Java to function. Is that not the case?

None of the technical explanation matters to me, or to any other Moneydance user, except you. We only wanted to hear that the problem had been resolved. It now appears to be resolved (at least for Mac users) with the release of High Sierra, so I’m at a complete loss as to why this is now at the top of your bitch list.

If you were honest about the printing issue, and done any research on the subject, you would be aware that there has been a printing issue for over 18 months. My files show that it first began in early 2016 (El Capitan?) when the printer sharing box had to be “ticked” in order to print from MD. This should have been a big red flag for IK, but they apparently didn’t know or care about what was coming down the road until Sierra 10.12.4, when the freezing of the print dialogue box started. Their weak response has led to over six blog pages on the subject with very little real information about the exact issue and resolution from IK.

My last post on the blog stated that I hoped that IK would find a solution, but I wasn’t holding out much hope for one. We still don’t know how the issue was resolved, but as customers, we should all be happy that it appears to be behind us.

If you’d like to discuss this any further, please PM your address and I’ll come over with a six pack and draw you a picture.

From sth...

@bigboy.... Talk about beating a dead horse. But your statements are false though stated with such an air of infallibility. You state "As there is virtually zero problems with any other Mac app use of the current version of Java, the issue is with IK's software."

Maybe you haven't been following the thread yourself. I posted a couple of other Apps that had the same issue. I published a Java bug report from another developer who had the same issue. It is obvious as you repeat this canard with great authority that you have no clue what you are talking about. This was a Java / Mac OS interaction due to the sandboxing. It seemed to affect very few developers but it was not "virtually zero" by any definition of virtual.

You can keep whining about who's fault this was. There are lots of things that IK can be blamed for in their response to this issue but statements are patently false and unhelpful.

8. 158 Posted by Bob Hovey on 05 Oct, 2017 08:04 PM

I think I am ok now.
    Fellow on another thread caught that I was still on OSX 10.something. You need OSX 10.13.
    Go to apple store/search box enter "high sierra". that opens the tool to download new OS. note when I went to "update" drop down it showed I had "no updates"... but I did !

So far reports and graphs are printing like last year. I don't use checks but i read that they are ok on 10.13 too

Bob

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

15 Dec, 2017 12:35 AM
14 Dec, 2017 11:51 PM
14 Dec, 2017 11:48 PM