Duplicate entries shown under "Similar Payees"

brett

08 Oct, 2011 07:17 PM

I have recently upgraded from MoneyDance 2010 to 2011r2 (799), Java 1.6.0_21 on Windows 7.

Downloaded transactions often show duplicate entries under similar payees, so I am being asked to choose between many identical choices. Can this be fixed?

See attached screenshot. Thanks!

1. 1 Posted by Jessica Little on 08 Oct, 2011 09:46 PM

Hi Brett,

If you could copy and paste the version information from your error console, that would be very helpful. You can open the error console by going to the Help menu and clicking on the Console Window option. Just copy and paste the first four lines of the console window here.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

2. 2 Posted by brett on 08 Oct, 2011 10:19 PM

Starting Moneydance 2011r2 (799)
    Settings Folder: D:.moneydance
    Java: 1.6.0_21 (Sun Microsystems Inc.)

(Well, that's what the console says, but actually I have 64-bit Windows.)

Thanks!

3. 3 Posted by Jessica Little on 10 Oct, 2011 02:16 PM

Hi Brett,

The sidebar listing you are seeing is because you have multiple transactions with the same payee. You can simply select any of the transaction to match the similar payees.

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

4. 4 Posted by brett on 10 Oct, 2011 02:29 PM

Thanks Jessica, but from my perspective as a user, this explanation doesn't make sense to me.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if nothing is shown to distinguish those transactions, how do I know which one I'm choosing? And what difference does it make?

I thought I was selecting which description and category to assign to the new transaction, and I find it confusing and unnecessary to have a choice of several identical options.

5. 5 Posted by Jessica Little on 10 Oct, 2011 02:37 PM

Hi Brett,

You're right that it would be less confusing to have less duplicates. I have created a ticket for this issue. The ticket is attached to this discussion. By posting in this discussion your interest in the ticket has been registered. This is equivalent to voting for it. We'll let you know once it's been implemented.

Thanks again for your suggestion, and thanks for your interest in Moneydance!

Jessica Little
    Moneydance Support

6. 6 Posted by craig.parks on 09 Dec, 2011 05:52 PM

I vote to fix this too. It makes me crazy to see the same payee and all the same data under the similar payee section.

7. System closed this discussion on 31 Mar, 2015 03:41 PM.

8. System closed this discussion on 18 Aug, 2017 03:10 PM.

9. brett re-opened this discussion on 11 Jan, 2019 11:55 PM

10. 7 Posted by brett on 11 Jan, 2019 11:55 PM

I think this issue was fixed for a few years, but the duplicates are occurring again in Moneydance 2017.8 and 2017.10. Thanks!

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Already uploaded files

• MD-Duplicates.jpg 58 KB

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac