Mouse click/selection problems in Moneydance 2017 (1587) on MacOS Sierra 10.12.1

steve

31 Oct, 2016 11:28 PM

Hello,

Upgrading to MacOS 10.12.1 fixed the "hyper scrolling" problem, but another mouse problem persists for me: I can select a dropdown (for example, a Category dropdown in the register) only if I click 2 or 3 times S-L-O-W-L-Y, and sometimes that does not work. Otherwise, simply clicking on an existing registry entry in the Category (or any) column only occasionally works (meaning nothing happens more often than not - the dropdown does not appear). Also, even clicking slowly opens the dropdown of the previous registry entry or the one after the entry I want to edit. I notice that clicking anywhere in the program is sometimes slow to respond, but it's especially frustrating with dropdowns. This mouse issues started after upgrading from El Capitan to Sierra, and was present in Moneydance 2015, too (after upgrading to Sierra). I had hoped that 10.12.1 and the latest Moneydance build would fix it, but alas, no.

I haven't had any mouse problems in any other application on this Mac. I'm using an Apple Magic Mouse.

Also, is it normal for the "Backing up file" action when closing Moneydance to take between 1 and 2 minutes? My Moneydance data file is ~75MB.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Showing page 2 out of 2. View the first page

1. 31 Posted by jstackpo on 26 Feb, 2017 01:35 PM

And apparently it is specifically Magic Mouse related. I swapped out my M-M for a old USB attached mouse (still an Apple brand) and the multiple click skittishness went away.

But I miss the "trackpad" ability that the M-M has, and I look forward (without much hope) for a fix someday.

2. 32 Posted by gib on 26 Feb, 2017 09:14 PM

I have the problem with an Evoluent Wireless Vertical Mouse, so unfortunately it isn't limited to the Magic Mouse.

3. 33 Posted by Alan Ackoff on 26 Feb, 2017 09:19 PM

I get this bug with an Apple magic mouse and also with a usb mouse made by Logitec. It’s not just restricted to the Apple mouse.

4. System closed this discussion on 28 May, 2017 09:20 PM.

5. Sean Reilly re-opened this discussion on 28 May, 2018 02:44 PM

6. Support Staff 34 Posted by Sean Reilly on 28 May, 2018 02:44 PM

Hi there,

I'm sorry for taking so long to get this one figured out, but I've added a workaround to the latest preview build of Moneydance 2017. If anyone is still having trouble with the Magic Mouse, please could you give this update a try? https://infinitekind.com/preview

Thanks,

Sean Reilly
    Developer, The Infinite Kind
    http://infinitekind.com

7. 35 Posted by Alan Ackoff on 15 Jun, 2018 02:59 PM

Sean,

I have found my own workaround which is to run Moneydance on old MacBook running El Capitan. Moneydance runs fine in El Capitan. It has failed to work properly in Sierra and High Sierra for a year and half.

I wrote to you about the problem well over a year ago and this is the first response I’ve received from you. I find that disappointing!

When you are done testing and can verify that Moneydance runs properly on High Sierra please let me know. Until then I will continue use my old MacBook for Moneydance.

-Al

8. 36 Posted by Aaron Lyman on 15 Jun, 2018 08:42 PM

I tried this update and it didn’t make a difference. The first few clicks work okay then nothing.

Strangely, and I know his makes me sound like an idiot, but if I use my Magic Mouse without the mousepad it works just fine. Strange but true.

Aaron

Sent from my iPad

9. 37 Posted by Mark on 03 Jul, 2018 06:51 PM

Down loaded the beta and it seems to work ok now for me.
    I am running High Sierra 10.13.5, magic mouse set with double click speed 2 notches from the highest setting in Accessibility

10. 38 Posted by ronmat on 11 Jul, 2018 11:34 AM

I have now had chance to evaluate the change and can tell you it has not helped me at all, annoyingly.

With thanks and best regards

Ron Matthews

[email blocked]
    03 9569 9014 (PREFERRED)
    0410 536 831

Reply to this discussion

Internal reply

Formatting help / Preview (switch to plain text) No formatting (switch to Markdown)

Attaching KB article:

»

Attached Files

You can attach files up to 10MB

If you don't have an account yet, we need to confirm you're human and not a machine trying to post spam.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac