Money dance is giving all accounts and categories long Restored num=

schides

03 Oct, 2016 05:28 PM

My Mac recently crashed and now when I open Money dance I am getting account names and categories starting

"Restored num=4703571 id=26ef3e34-744d-487d-9e18-e715d04fd093 20161003"

Please help?

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Ian O on 04 Oct, 2016 10:34 AM

Hi Simon,

I've attached a file called "fix_restored_accounts.py" that should resolve this problem for you. Before proceeding, please back up your Moneydance data set, just in case something goes wrong. You can create a backup using the "File->Export Backup" menu option.

To use the file, first save it to your computer and then follow these steps:

1. In Moneydance, click on the Extensions Menu and choose the Manage Extensions option.
    2. From the list of available extensions, choose the Python Interface extension, then click Install to download the extension and finish to complete the installation.
    3. Close the Manage Extensions window.
    4. Again, click the Extensions menu. This time, choose the Python Interface option.
    5. In the python window, click the read from file button and load the file from wherever you saved it. You'll get a confirmation message when the script is finished. Close the window when done.

Hopefully, that will work. You may need to re-add some accounts to your sidebar after running this script. You can do so using the "plus" sign in the bottom left corner of the Moneydance window, underneath the sidebar.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

2. 2 Posted by schides on 04 Oct, 2016 02:17 PM

HI Ian,

That has worked, thank you.

Best regards,
    Simon

3. Support Staff 3 Posted by Ian O on 05 Oct, 2016 05:52 AM

Hi Simon,

Glad to hear that did the trick. I'll close this discussion now but please get in touch if you have any questions or require assistance in future.

Ian O
    Infinite Kind Support

4. Ian O closed this discussion on 05 Oct, 2016 05:52 AM.

Comments are currently closed for this discussion. You can start a new one.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac